HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Missouri (Group) » Vintage Vinyl Owner Among...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Nov 29, 2012, 06:24 AM

Vintage Vinyl Owner Among Small Business Leaders At White House Meeting

The owner of Vintage Vinyl in St. Louis was one of 15 small business owners who met with President Obama today.

Lew Prince is a member of Business for Shared Prosperity, an organization that is pushing Congress to end the Bush-era tax cuts for the top two percent.

Prince says the meeting at the White House this afternoon was unusual because no one was asking for anything for themselves.

“These were small businesses that were in the room because they thought tax cuts for the wealthy do not stimulate the economy and that long-term tax reform and tax planning was the way to solve the debt crisis.”

http://www.news.stlpublicradio.org/post/vintage-vinyl-owner-among-small-business-leaders-white-house-meeting

2 replies, 778 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Vintage Vinyl Owner Among Small Business Leaders At White House Meeting (Original post)
Sherman A1 Nov 2012 OP
dipsydoodle Nov 2012 #1
Sherman A1 Nov 2012 #2

Response to Sherman A1 (Original post)

Thu Nov 29, 2012, 06:38 AM

1. Reminds me of

I've loads of friends who into jazz and swing vinyl and '78's too - there's still a lot of tracks which have yet to be released on CD

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to dipsydoodle (Reply #1)

Thu Nov 29, 2012, 06:41 AM

2. It's actually a pretty cool store

I go there every once in awhile, lots of CD's, Dvd's and vinyl as well. It's a must go every year when my daughter is home for Christmas, she loves the place and Blueberry Hill is just down the street with great hamburgers.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread