Sat Aug 11, 2012, 02:36 PM
OmahaBlueDog (10,000 posts)
Copy & Forward: October 10, 2012 is the deadline for voter registration in Missouri
This discussion thread is pinned.http://www.gottavote.org/en/MO/get-registered/
Get registered to vote with your current name, at your current address. To be
registered for the November 6th, 2012 general election, you must register no later than
You can get your registration started right now.
You can get your registration started right now: http://www.GottaRegister.com 2.
WHAT TO BRING
Registered voters must present one of the following forms of ID at the polling
place on Election Day. Make sure to bring one of these, with your current name
on it, to the polls to make sure your vote counts:
• An ID issued by the Federal Government, state of Missouri, or a local
election authority; or
• An ID issued by a Missouri institution (public or private) of higher
education, including a university, college, vocational and technical
• A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, government
check or other government document that contains the name and
address of the voter; or
• A driver's license or state identification card issued by another state.
If you do not possess any of these forms of identification, you may still cast a
ballot if two supervising election judges, one from each major political party,
attest they know you.
If you have additional questions about voting in Missouri, please contact:
Missouri Secretary of State Elections Division: (573) 751-2301;
Election Day is Tuesday November 6, 2012. Polls in Missouri will be
open from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Central Time.
FIND YOUR POLLING PLACE:
Missouri offers absentee voting in these scenarios:
• If, on Election Day, you’re not in the jurisdiction where you’re registered to vote;
• If you’re incapacitated or confined due to illness or physical disability;
• If you’re primarily responsible for someone else who is incapacitated or
confined due to illness or disability;
• If a religious belief or practice prevents you from voting;
• If you’re employed as an election authority, as a member of an election
authority, or by an election authority at a location other than such voter's
• If you are incarcerated, provided all qualifications for voting are retained.
Mail in or faxed absentee ballot requests must be received by the election authority no
later than the 5:00 p.m. on the Wednesday before any election. If you registered by
mail and are voting for the first time, your mail or fax request for an absentee ballot
must include a copy of your personal identification unless you provided a copy when
you registered. Completed ballots must be received by the close of polls on Election
Day. You can also cast an absentee ballot in person at the office of the local election
authority until 5:00 p.m. the night before the election.
For the latest information on where, when and how to vote absentee, see the website
of the Missouri Secretary of State.
GET THE INFO:
1 replies, 1131 views
Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Copy & Forward: October 10, 2012 is the deadline for voter registration in Missouri (Original post)