HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Minnesota (Group) » Saw some supporters of th...

Fri Aug 24, 2012, 09:36 PM

Saw some supporters of the marriage amendment for the first time today.

They had a booth at the county fair. It was staffed by two very old men. They had a hand-written list of area churches that support the amendment and some photocopied literature. At first I was angry, and then I just felt so sorry for them.

I really, really hope Minnesota does the right thing with this.

2 replies, 1286 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Saw some supporters of the marriage amendment for the first time today. (Original post)
Brickbat Aug 2012 OP
dflprincess Aug 2012 #1
IVoteDFL Aug 2012 #2

Response to Brickbat (Original post)

Fri Aug 24, 2012, 10:34 PM

1. I saw their booth at the State Fair yesterday

there were several people around the booth - and not one of them looked like my kind of people.

Overall though, I saw a lot of people wearing "Vote No" t-shirts/buttons/stickers and carrying Vote No fans. I only saw one person wearing a proamendment t-shirt and one person with a pro-amendment "I'm voting yes" sticker - but the kid wearing that looked like he won't be old enough to vote for several years (unless he's planning to commit fraud this year :evilgrin.

Also noticed that the Republican booth didn't seem to busy. I embarassed my friend by saying loudly "My fallopian tubes are going into spasms just walking past these jerks." as we went past some GOP operatives.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to dflprincess (Reply #1)

Fri Aug 31, 2012, 02:21 AM

2. I saw them at the fair today as well

There were some t-shirt wearing people scattered around, but for the most part the "vote yes" booth wasn't very lively today. There were two people working and the first time we walked by they were only talking to one guy and another time to two women. It was no contest to the "vote no" booth though. My mom and I had to wait in line to get out T-shirts. It was pretty busy.

Later on at the DFL booth there was an elderly man passing out pamphlets. He said a few things to my mom while I was looking at the buttons. She said he was quite rude to her and told her that she was ignorant of the bible. He also tried to hand me a pamphlet when I wasn't paying attention, but as soon as I realized what it was I rose above politely gave it back to him.

On the other hand though, two people actually stopped us to say that they were voting no. I had a lovely conversation about it with a person inside of the Eco Experience building. A few people also asked where they could find the booth themselves. And there were little orange fans every where. It was very uplifting. And all this in the afternoon, on senior day.

I also applaud your comments. My mom wouldn't let me go up to the voter ID camp and present them with my loooooong-expired ID card.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread