HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Minnesota (Group) » The winter carnival medal...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Jan 30, 2013, 09:31 PM

The winter carnival medallion

I don't know the first thing about that medallion that people are in search of finding. But the local news - KSTP, I think - reported about the woman who found it and who would get $10,000.

What will she do with the money? Pay for medications, she said. My insurance does not cover medications. And my heart sank. I was hoping that today every insurance cover drugs. Except with Medicare which is a separate coverage but that woman is way too young to be on Medicare.

2 replies, 613 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply The winter carnival medallion (Original post)
question everything Jan 2013 OP
2on2u Jan 2013 #1
dflprincess Jan 2013 #2

Response to question everything (Original post)

Wed Jan 30, 2013, 09:39 PM

1. I need to lower my cholesterol..... and my insurance pretty much covers it with a 30 dollar

copay.... but these copays are starting to add up. I don't want to take a statin and have decided to go with a non prescription item... it is very very affordable, makes the copay look like chicken feed.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to 2on2u (Reply #1)

Thu Jan 31, 2013, 08:01 PM

2. Whatever the OTC item you're using is, check with your doctor.

My doctor tried to control my cholesterol with niacin and it was working - but it knocked my liver enzymes out of whack so I had to stop using it. I'm back to trying diet & exercise.

Also, if you're using fish oil, that can raise your blood glucose level.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread