HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Minnesota (Group) » Chris Kluwe Sticks it to ...

Wed Oct 10, 2012, 03:12 PM

Chris Kluwe Sticks it to the Archbishop

http://www.queerty.com/chris-kluwe-tackles-archbishop-who-told-woman-to-reject-gay-son-or-burn-20121010/

Tell me, Archbishop, Pope, what purpose does the Church serve attempting to influence the affairs of a secular state? The federal benefits under law currently denied gay couples certainly fall under the realm of Caesar, donít they? No one is forcing the Catholic Church to marry gay couples if that is not the Churchís wish. You can keep the sanctity of Catholic marriage solely between heterosexual couples if you feel that is whatís required (again though, I caution you on the dangers of presumed infallibility).

I have always held a desire to give Nienstadt what-for. You have to wonder how many people have left or been kept away from the Catholic church because of this neanderthal?

1 replies, 863 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Chris Kluwe Sticks it to the Archbishop (Original post)
dodger501 Oct 2012 OP
dflprincess Oct 2012 #1

Response to dodger501 (Original post)

Wed Oct 10, 2012, 10:08 PM

1. Jon Tevlin had a good column today about a priest (Mike Tegeder) who's standing up to the Archbiship

http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/173415451.html

Tevlin: Priest won't be silenced in marriage debate, for now

On the day the Catholic hierarchy once again told the Rev. Mike Tegeder that they weren't interested in his opinion, the gadfly priest was the last one to leave the Church of Gichitwaa Kateri, a Catholic church off Lake Street.

It had been an emotional day, and Tegeder's temperament ranged from table-pounding anger to tears. Earlier in the day, the Minnesota Catholic Conference held a seminar to spell out how Canada's less restrictive laws on gay marriage had corrupted that country. The church has been the major proponent of a proposed state constitutional amendment limiting marriage to one man, one woman. Tegeder has been an unapologetic opponent of the church's stance.

Like other priests, Tegeder had been invited to the event. Unlike other priests, he was given a warning: Sit where we tell you to. Don't ask questions. Don't disturb.

To "punish" him the archdiocese moved Fr. Tegeder from St. Edward's in Bloomington to 2 poorer parishes in Minneapols.

More priests like this & I might be persuaded to return to the fold.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread