HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Michigan (Group) » Another Wayne County offi...

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 06:02 PM

Another Wayne County official indicted

(WXYZ) - One of Robert Ficano’s appointees has been indicted.

Zayd Allebban was previously charged in a criminal complaint. Now a federal grand jury has formally indicted Allebban for obstruction of justice, and they’ve added three new charges of falsifying documents.

Federal prosecutors allege the county’s Director of Enterprise Application falsified the documents to hide a bribery scheme that involved Allebban’s supervisor in the IT department, Tahir Kazmi. The two are also friends.

Last week, Kazmi pleaded guilty to accepting bribes, and as part of his plea deal, Kazmi will be cooperating and testifying as part of the FBI’s probe in Wayne County government.

The indictment alleges that Allebban conspired with Kazmi to obstruct justice when they tried to get a private contractor to lie to FBI agents.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/wayne_county/another-wayne-county-official-indicted#ixzz22KntLUW9

1 replies, 718 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Another Wayne County official indicted (Original post)
RandySF Aug 2012 OP
jpbollma Aug 2012 #1

Response to RandySF (Original post)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 06:16 PM

1. Not much of a shocker

Wayne County, like Detroit, is being run into the ground by corrupt assholes. I will be moving to Downtown Detroit in September. I will really need to do my homework on who to support. Everyone in office there has a "D" behind their names but not many of them are worth a damn thing.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread