HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Massachusetts (Group) » When Ed Markey wins the S...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Feb 20, 2013, 10:55 PM

When Ed Markey wins the Senate Race

Who gets into the race to fill the 5th District??? I am hoping that Jamie Eldridge will look at the race. He woukd make a great Congressman

3 replies, 802 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply When Ed Markey wins the Senate Race (Original post)
bottomofthehill Feb 2013 OP
Mass Feb 2013 #1
bottomofthehill Feb 2013 #2
JasonGWB Feb 2013 #3

Response to bottomofthehill (Original post)

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 12:34 AM

1. Not sure he is in the new 5th district. (He was in the old one, which is Tsongas's district, I think

There will be plenty of candidates, some of them already known:

Carl Sciortino, state representative from Medford and a favorite of young progressives, has announced his candidacy and started raising money into a federal campaign account.

State Senator William Brownsberger of Belmont has also opened a federal account and established a placeholder web page. "We want to make sure, job one, Ed Markey gets elected," Brownsberger says. "If he does get elected, I will run for the seat."

And State Senator Katherine Clark of Melrose opened a federal account and declared her own candidacy this past Friday.

Read more: http://thephoenix.com/boston/news/151914-after-markey-get-set-go/#ixzz2LVcHhCez

Other names at the link.

But we may want to win this race first.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Mass (Reply #1)

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 03:11 PM

2. Thanks for the Link.

I thought Acton was still in the District. I am still confused since Massachusetts lost a seat.

Thanks for the link. It was a fun read to get to know some of the old and new names that are thinking of getting into the race.

Reply to this post

Response to Mass (Reply #1)

Sat Feb 23, 2013, 08:02 PM

3. David Bernstein

is always a good source for name dropping who may be interested in what elected office. Not so great with predictions but none of those political reporters ever really are good at prognosticating.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread