HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Massachusetts (Group) » If Kerry is the new SecOf...

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 02:09 AM

If Kerry is the new SecOfState, Setti Warren is someone we should rally around

He's Kerry's protege in some ways, he's young, well rounded, and I honestly think people would get a kick out of the notion of having TWO Senator Warrens and might even vote for him for that reason.

5 replies, 979 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply If Kerry is the new SecOfState, Setti Warren is someone we should rally around (Original post)
Bombtrack Dec 2012 OP
MBS Dec 2012 #1
polmaven Dec 2012 #2
JasonGWB Dec 2012 #3
polmaven Dec 2012 #4
bluescribbler Dec 2012 #5

Response to Bombtrack (Original post)

Sun Dec 16, 2012, 09:11 AM

1. I like him, too. n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Bombtrack (Original post)

Sun Dec 16, 2012, 02:12 PM

2. Great idea!

I think he would be an excellent Senator!

Reply to this post

Response to polmaven (Reply #2)

Tue Dec 18, 2012, 05:43 PM

3. This could be a crowded primary...

or not . An off year election means that all of our Congress critters can make a go for it without having to risk their current job. My guess is that Gov. Patrick will once again appoint a place holder so that no one has a leg up in the primary. Along with Vicki Kennedy another named getting mentioned to keep the Senate seat warm is Gov. Dukakis which would be rather cool. He has stayed out of the spotlight but has been very active politically.

As for who will jump in the race there are a lot of names in the mix. There is always a rich guy that could throw his hat in the ring for starters. Then we have a handful of mayors (such as Setti Warren) that are getting mentioned. Then we have Martha Coakley, Steve Grossman, and US Attorney Carmen Ortiz getting attention from The Great Mentioner.

All that being said I tend to think it will be one of our current Representatives that will be most like to win a primary. Probably either Markey or Capuano but Lynch or ex-Rep Marty Meehan could jump in as well.

I know some folks are nervous but this is the kind of thing that makes me happy to be from Massachusetts

Reply to this post

Response to JasonGWB (Reply #3)

Tue Dec 18, 2012, 09:46 PM

4. Any that you have mentioned....*except*

Martha Coakley....would have an excellent chance of winning vs. Scott Brown.....I would be able to support any of them....with Setti Warren and Steve Grossman being in the fore front right now.

I agree with your saying this is what makes you happy about being from Massachusetts! We do love our knock down - drag 'em out politics!

Reply to this post

Response to JasonGWB (Reply #3)

Tue Dec 25, 2012, 09:54 AM

5. If Capuano runs

I'll back him all the way. He's a fighter who won't take a vacation after winning the primary. In addition,he's a strong progressive.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread