HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Maine (Group) » a novel idea

Tue Dec 4, 2012, 09:07 AM

a novel idea

maybe we mainers should look into this! could this be a problem? does this influence the elected official so much that it clouds his ability to serve the people that elected him?
congress was never supposed to be a career. Its time to ban pensions for federally elected officials (congress and the president). let them serve their terms and then get a real job
since all of us are being asked to work longer,pay more for our medicare and wait till
we are over 65 to draw ours shouldn't theirs be looked into?
I think the least we should do is increase the amount of time served before they are eligible.
I paid into social security for 50 years; I started working part time at age 12-I retired from my last job at 72. M y wife is still working she is 67! we both were graced with good health. I have seen people in their 50's that should have been on social security because of their health!(but couldn't get it-the druggies don't seem to have that problem in their 20's).
I think we really should see and review their retirement package-its obvious it is to generous and should be adjusted!(by us)

0 replies, 499 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread