HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Maine (Group) » Senator Collins
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Nov 29, 2012, 05:25 AM

Senator Collins

Collins and two other senators from New Hampshire and Arizona have a plan. Step one discredit Ambassador Rice. Step two have senator Kerry as the next secretary of state. Step three open Senate seat in Massachusetts for Scott Brown.

2 replies, 652 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Senator Collins (Original post)
old man 76 Nov 2012 OP
chelsea0011 Nov 2012 #1
John2 Nov 2012 #2

Response to old man 76 (Original post)

Thu Nov 29, 2012, 05:57 AM

1. I would think this makes sense except for the fact that Keery would

supposedly take Secretary of Defense if SOS isn't offered. There would still be another senate election. I think the repukes just want to muddy up Rice and keep her from becoming a major player in the Democratic party. What the repukes don't need is a smart, African American woman to deal with in the future. Better to bring her down now. It is why Ayotte is following the other two boys around. They want her to be their player four years from now.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to chelsea0011 (Reply #1)

Thu Nov 29, 2012, 06:43 AM

2. Another scenario

is picking Rice for Secretary of State and selecting Hagel for Secretary of Defense. That would leave Kerry where he is at, because I think as one of the most senior Senators in the Senate, Kerry actually can do more. He is one of the most influential Senators, much like Ted Kennedy was. I would even consider him qualified to replace Senator Reid.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread