HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Iowa (Group) » Double-dipper wants wage ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 09:15 PM

Double-dipper wants wage freeze and health care price hike

Le sigh;

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) Gov. Terry Branstad's administration has proposed freezing wages and increasing health care costs for 20,000 state workers in negotiations with state employee unions.

The talks are for new contracts slated to take effect next year.

Negotiators for the state want to freeze state worker wages for two years and increase their out-of-pocket cost for health care by 20 percent, Des Moines television station KCCI reported. The state also wants to remove union negotiating power in the areas of discipline, layoffs and the outsourcing of jobs.

More than 80 percent of state employees currently are not required to pay insurance premiums. Branstad has drawn the ire of union leader this year when he gave state employees the option of paying 20 percent of their health insurance premiums. About 95 employees took Branstad up on his proposal, but the unions have asked an administrative law judge to determine whether Branstad's administration broke the law by not negotiating the health care premium change.

3 replies, 1050 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Double-dipper wants wage freeze and health care price hike (Original post)
47of74 Dec 2012 OP
Bluzmann57 Dec 2012 #1
47of74 Dec 2012 #3
renko Dec 2012 #2

Response to 47of74 (Original post)

Sun Dec 2, 2012, 11:16 AM

1. Of course he does

He, like most other repukes are "Do as I say, not as I do" types. Fuck the little guy but try and take something away from them and it's "You can't do that! We're better than you!"

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Bluzmann57 (Reply #1)

Sun Dec 2, 2012, 05:34 PM

3. Every time in church they say....

..."We pray for Terry our governor..." I silently add on "and that he will not seek reelection in 2014."

Reply to this post

Response to 47of74 (Original post)

Sun Dec 2, 2012, 02:08 PM

2. And he was an early supporter of ALEC...

...the man is a cancer on American politics. And yet the rightwingers I talk to claim his double-dipping is OK because it's "a contract"... umm...just like the State Unions they so despise!

Republicanism needs to be listed in the DSRM as the mental illness it is.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread