HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Indiana (Group) » House Bill 1006
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Jan 17, 2012, 10:49 PM

House Bill 1006

HB1006 would revoke the authority of the State Cosmetology Licensing Board.

Any clown, with no training in the simplest matter of sanitation, could call themselves a cosmetologist.

I think somebody who owns a string of those fast-food nail salons staffed with Asian slave-labor has managed to buy themselves a member of the House of Bubbas.

MRSA can be spread by unsanitized tools.

What's next, backyard "plastic surgeons" who can give you a big butt with a mixture of fix-a-flat, cement, and silicone caulk?

2 replies, 1095 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply House Bill 1006 (Original post)
BiggJawn Jan 2012 OP
AngryOldDem Jan 2012 #1
BiggJawn Jan 2012 #2

Response to BiggJawn (Original post)

Wed Jan 18, 2012, 09:08 PM

1. I don't get this at all.

One "expert" said that people need jobs in this economy. Well, okay, then, let's not have any licensing for anything. Doctors, dentists, plumbers, you name it. We can all go into business for ourselves, and say we're experts in anything. Works for me.

You would think the state would want to keep the board in business, only to rake in the fees, if nothing else.

This is just one of many boneheaded ideas the general ASSembly is grappling with this term...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to BiggJawn (Original post)

Fri Jan 20, 2012, 02:14 PM

2. Cosmetologists are out of the bill.

In view of the mountain of testimony opposing the bill, the sponsor announced he was taking Cosmetology licensing OUT of it.

There was actually testimony from the committee that instead of looking for a license on the wall, Hoosiers could check Angie's List first. Oh, the "Invisible Hand of The Libertarian Dumb-asses" are at work here, I see....

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread