HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Indiana (Group) » Glenda Ritz gets undercut...

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 08:33 PM

Glenda Ritz gets undercut -- again.

http://www.indystar.com/

<<<Pence got right to work after being sworn in. He signed 15 executive orders, several backing up campaign pledges. That includes a moratorium on new regulations. Pence wants to get the red-tape Pence also will try to ensure 3 percent of state contracts go to veteran-owned businesses.

Pence rescinded one executive order, moving Indiana Education Employment Relations Board from the Superintendent of Public Instruction to the governorís purview. That move is likely to raise eyebrows. Superintendent of Public Instruction Glenda Ritz is the only Democrat in state office, having defeated Republican incumbent Tony Bennett in November. >>

Pence and the rest of the GOP are looking pretty damned childish to me.

5 replies, 851 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Glenda Ritz gets undercut -- again. (Original post)
AngryOldDem Jan 2013 OP
Proud Liberal Dem Jan 2013 #1
AngryOldDem Jan 2013 #3
Proud Liberal Dem Jan 2013 #4
AngryOldDem Jan 2013 #2
UBCchuck Jan 2013 #5

Response to AngryOldDem (Original post)

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 08:58 PM

1. and just after him pledging "bipartisanship"

Buckle up fellow Hoosiers! It's going to be a bumpy 4 years- we might wish we still had Daniels after Pence is gone.........

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Proud Liberal Dem (Reply #1)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 05:33 AM

3. I've got a very strong hunch now that the superintendent's job will become an appointed position.

I know -- just call me Karnak the Magnificent.

Just sign another executive order, Mike, and be done with it already.

It's pretty clear Mike is here to make a name for himself after being a bust as congressman. And right now I'd say he could be pretty much the GOP frontrunner for 2016 -- which speaks volumes, doesn't it?

Reply to this post

Response to AngryOldDem (Reply #3)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 07:40 AM

4. Unfortunately

You are probably right. Boy, the GOP love to flip out whenever the Dems use an EO but then they're using them all of the time, mostly, it seems, to achieve things they might not be able to through the normal legislative process (and should be decided by the voters). The problem is that they (mostly) can technically do these things and have no compunction about taking full advantage of their power when they have it.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 09:56 AM

5. On the scrolling news

I can't stand to listen to the local garbage news people. Pence called on Hoosiers to take steps to improve themselves and to better the state.

"Tell Indianaís story. If you have a job, work at it as never before. If you serve the people, serve with all your heart. If you can build a business, do. If you can start a business, try. If you have a dream, no matter how large, reach for it,"

My welcome for the new gov...Fuck you! And yes we will continue to tax the fuck out of you, through all the "little taxes" that most people aren't smart enough to know they are even being taxed.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread