HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Hawaii (Group) » Chinatown merchants deman...

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 01:07 PM

Chinatown merchants demand answers after attack: Owner sees drug deals near shop

By Mahealani Richardson

HONOLULU -

Scott Michael McDonough known as "Otto" has a tasty Chinatown business.He's been selling cheesecakes at his shop called Otto Cake for nearly 3 years, but what's happening outside of his door on Smith Street has not been so sweet.

"I had seen him selling drugs to what I think was small kids," said McDonough.

McDonough said he's seen blatant drug deals of crystal methamphetamine across the street in a park, which have escalated to harrassment and death threats.

He even took pictures of a group of people with what he said looked like white substances in clear plastic bags.

KITV Story

Too bad Chinatown doesn't have the money the Waikiki Business District Improvement Association has to buy street patrols...

2 replies, 1019 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Chinatown merchants demand answers after attack: Owner sees drug deals near shop (Original post)
ellisonz Apr 2012 OP
msongs Apr 2012 #1
ellisonz Apr 2012 #2

Response to ellisonz (Original post)

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 01:11 PM

1. chinatown merchants need to pay protection to HPD to get decent service? nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to msongs (Reply #1)

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 01:24 PM

2. Yep

But no worries braddah - they can just call 9-11 and when they don't come - they can call Corporal Firkani and when has had too many to drive safely, well then they can think about paying for protection, be it HPD or private security. Good thing though they seem to have gotten the rat and gambling problems down there under by River St.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread