HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Florida (Group) » I live in Florida and hav...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 04:37 PM

I live in Florida and have been receiving Tier I Emergency Unemployment Compensation.

So today I get a letter dated January 2, 2013 telling me I received my last payment because "the federally mandated program has expired." Nice choice of word-"mandated"-like I don't want the money. I suppose the letter was true if it was indeed mailed on the 2nd. Other states have up-to-date information on their web pages. but not Florida, unless they've hidden it really well.

Calling them is a useless exercise in being on hold, so I sent an email.

2 replies, 917 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply I live in Florida and have been receiving Tier I Emergency Unemployment Compensation. (Original post)
rzemanfl Jan 2013 OP
okwmember Jan 2013 #1
rzemanfl Jan 2013 #2

Response to rzemanfl (Original post)

Mon Jan 7, 2013, 09:18 PM

1. My husband received the same letter this afternoon.

He was planning on calling tomorrow, but perhaps an email might be better. I wonder how many people they trick into not applying for their benefits with this letter.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to okwmember (Reply #1)

Tue Jan 8, 2013, 02:02 PM

2. My thoughts exactly. While this letter was probably technically true, it seems a waste of time

and postage to have mailed it except to discourage the uninformed. I got a robo-response to my email saying they'd get back to me.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread