HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Florida (Group) » Iorio pushing for change,...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 01:58 AM

Iorio pushing for change, and possibly a governorship

Hey, did you hear that former Tampa Mayor Pam Iorio is running for governor?

Okay, not exactly. At least, not yet. Though technically, that is what she told me.

But more on that in a minute.

What actually put Iorio back in the headlines this week is this election cycle's glaring evidence of how badly Florida treats voters and voting.

Fewer days to vote early (and from me, thanks so much to Gov. Rick Scott and the Republican-led Legislature for this cynical effort to squelch the voices of minorities and other Democrat-leaning types.)

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/local/iorio-pushing-for-change-and-possibly-a-governorship/1260808

1 replies, 822 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Iorio pushing for change, and possibly a governorship (Original post)
Tony_FLADEM Nov 2012 OP
csziggy Nov 2012 #1

Response to Tony_FLADEM (Original post)

Tue Nov 13, 2012, 02:00 PM

1. Interesting - I came in to see if there were any prospects

For a REAL Democrat to run for governor. All the people pushing for DU to support Charlie Crist make me want to

If we want to elect Democrats to the state government and send more Democrats from Florida to Washington, we need to start on the 2014 campaigns NOW.

(Besides I feel guilty that I was not able to do much campaigning this round.)

I'll have to ask my sister who has lived in Tampa since the 60s and who has been politically active all that time what she thinks of Pam Iorio. From the article you posted and the Wikipedia article on her, she sounds like a possible contender.

Thanks!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread