HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Florida (Group) » Heather Beavens District ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sun Sep 30, 2012, 10:53 AM

Heather Beavens District 6 Fl.....Does anyone know what is going on with her campaign?

For the first time since I moved from the Northeast to Fl, there is a chance I will have a Democratic Rep. I'm in the newly restructured District 6 and Heather Beavens won the Democratic Primary to run for US Rep in my district. Even before the primaries, we did not receive one piece of campaign literature from her, and now a month out from the election and still no campaign info, no signs, nada. I went to her web site, and it looks like it's never updated. The last event it had listed was for May, 2012. The new district covers a pretty big area including St John, Volusia, Putnam and Flagler Counties. St Johns, where I live runs heavily RW, so maybe she is concentrating her efforts in other counties where her efforts will pay off more. Just wondering what's going on, would like to support her locally.

2 replies, 832 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Heather Beavens District 6 Fl.....Does anyone know what is going on with her campaign? (Original post)
Fla Dem Sep 2012 OP
Sekhmets Daughter Sep 2012 #1
Fla Dem Sep 2012 #2

Response to Fla Dem (Original post)

Sun Sep 30, 2012, 11:00 AM

1. Looks like the new 6th District

is still heavily Red...sorry...I had to endure 2 years of Allen West, so I can sympathize.

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Florida%27s_6th_congressional_district_elections,_2012#Blue_vs._Red

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Sekhmets Daughter (Reply #1)

Sun Sep 30, 2012, 11:15 AM

2. Thanks for the response. All I have to say is "Crapola".

Was hoping for a chance to have a Dem represent me, but from the info you posted, it looks like a 2-1 voter representation for the Rethugs. Well maybe with their fast sinking presidential nominee, a lot of them won't vote. Sorry you've had to live with West.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread