HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Florida (Group) » U.S. Rep. Bill Young says...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Sep 24, 2012, 09:26 PM

U.S. Rep. Bill Young says he's the victim of burglaries; police disagree

U.S. Rep. C.W. Bill Young has been re-elected to Congress repeatedly since 1970. He's running this year for his 22nd term. But this campaign, he says, has been different. This year, he says, has been rougher than ever before.

"My home's been broken into twice," Young said in the first in a series of three interviews with the Tampa Bay Times over the past two weeks. "And my wife and I have been stalked in Washington and here in Florida. Who's behind it? I don't know."

But the 81-year-old congressman has his suspicions. He's not looking at his Democratic Party opponent, Jessica Ehrlich. Instead, in two of the three interviews, he named both the Occupy Wall Street movement and the Florida Consumer Action Network as his suspects, explaining: "The Occupiers are after me."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/elections/us-rep-bill-young-says-hes-the-victim-of-burglaries-police-disagree/1253210

2 replies, 824 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply U.S. Rep. Bill Young says he's the victim of burglaries; police disagree (Original post)
Tony_FLADEM Sep 2012 OP
Downwinder Sep 2012 #1
Rain Mcloud Sep 2012 #2

Response to Tony_FLADEM (Original post)

Mon Sep 24, 2012, 10:02 PM

1. Wonder if he has read any of those surveillance bills

he has voted on.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Tony_FLADEM (Original post)

Mon Sep 24, 2012, 10:49 PM

2. The Red Grange of the 21st Century.

The Occupationist Party is having a demonstration under your bed with punch and pie to be served at the 49er afterward in your closet.
That is all.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread