HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Florida (Group) » The Democrats continue to...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Sep 8, 2012, 03:38 PM

The Democrats continue to outregister the Republicans in Florida

On 9/3 the Democrats had registered 27,076 and the Republicans 21,608 new voters since the end of July. A difference of 25%

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1045423

In the 3 days since there are 4,558 new Democrats added to the voter rolls and 3,961 new Republicans. A difference of 15%.

http://registration.elections.myflorida.com/CheckVoterStatus

Interesting.

5 replies, 1193 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply The Democrats continue to outregister the Republicans in Florida (Original post)
Tony_FLADEM Sep 2012 OP
madrchsod Sep 2012 #1
freshwest Sep 2012 #3
DonCoquixote Sep 2012 #2
Heather MC Sep 2012 #4
Brother Buzz Sep 2012 #5

Response to Tony_FLADEM (Original post)

Sat Sep 8, 2012, 03:57 PM

1. they still have to vote..oh wait it`s Florida

they`ll find someway to make sure that democrats will not be able to vote.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to madrchsod (Reply #1)

Sat Sep 8, 2012, 04:03 PM

3. It would be wonderful if Obama carries FL... But I have my doubts.

Yet there are so many people at the events when Obama visits, and he's visited often. I hope that everyone of them will have their votes counted.

Reply to this post

Sat Sep 8, 2012, 04:00 PM

2. Oh yes

My hope is that the rather brash and crass manner in which Rick Scott and his cronies tried to deny people their voting rights has caused a backlash. However, we need to be vigilant, as the GOP knows A) they pulled off this trick 12 years ago and B) the chances of them actually being held to account are slim.

Reply to this post

Sat Sep 8, 2012, 04:26 PM

4. Wait, Rachel Maddow reported FL Dem Registration was way down.

I am glad that's no longer true

Reply to this post

Sat Sep 8, 2012, 04:49 PM

5. Same trend in Nevada

Democrats Continue To Outpace Republicans In Voter Registration Efforts In August

By Sean Whaley | 04 September, 2012

CARSON CITY – Democrats continued to outpace Republicans in their voter registration efforts in August, signing up 12,163 new voters to 5,042 for Republicans, the Secretary of State’s office reported today.

Registered nonpartisans increased by 6,575 during the same time period, also exceeding the registrations by the GOP.

Of the 1,122,236 active registered voters statewide, 41.3 percent, (463,229), are Democrats, 36.3 percent, (407,513), are Republicans, and 16.7 percent, (186,941), are nonpartisans.

The August efforts mirror those reported from July, when Democrats registered 8,121 active voters compared to 3,705 active voters for Republicans. Active registered nonpartisans increased by 4,946 during the same time period.

<more>

http://www.nevadanewsbureau.com/2012/09/04/democrats-continue-to-outpace-republicans-in-voter-registration-efforts-in-august/

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread