HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Delaware (Group) » Delaware Medical marijuan...

Sun Feb 12, 2012, 10:41 AM

Delaware Medical marijuana law busted - Feds say Del.'s dispensary plan could bring prosecution

As a long-term Multiple Sclerosis victim with involuntary muscle spasms and bouts of total body spasticity on an almost daily basis I have been following this with great interest. Online friends from M.S. forums who have similar symptoms and legal access say that smoking just a bit of marijuana has helped them alleviate this symptom almost immediately while allowing them to get on with their life for the day.

Delaware was doing a very good job of planning on how to do this without creating a state full of anyone-can-do-it, FOR-profit dispensaries. Now Oberly and the Obama admin Dept of Justice have effectively scared the legislators (who have put so much into doing this right) into backing away from it.

Of course, I can get a prescription for all the Corporately produced Vicodin and Percoset I want --which also helps but knocks me out to do it (which I hate) and has required increasing dosages over the years --not to mention how it puts me in danger anytime I go to pick it up at my local DRUGstore. There have been several robberies and grab-and-run situations of just these types of prescriptions in my area within the past two years.

I can't think of anything other than Big Pharma that could be influencing Obama and his Dept. of Justice into such an aggressive movement against states that have legalized marijuana. I've also noticed a LOT of articles regarding research on soon-to-be-effective Big Pharma pills that could be coming soon and would be sold at high prices instead.

Sigh.............

Gov. Jack Markell has suspended the regulation-writing and licensing process for medical marijuana dispensaries -- effectively killing the program -- and criticized the federal government for sending mixed signals on law enforcement, The News Journal has learned.

U.S. Attorney Charles M. Oberly III has adopted the hard-line stance that just came out of President Barack Obama's Department of Justice. This stance accentuates the inherent conflict between federal marijuana laws and what is playing out in states that have authorized limited marijuana use for medicinal purposes.

snip-
Specifically, Barlow said, the administration is concerned that the medical marijuana distribution plan outlined in Delaware's law falls under the parameters outlined in the Cole memo. The statute mandates the establishment of one marijuana dispensary -- called a Compassionate Care Center -- in each of the three counties, with the possibility of more centers in future years.

Operators of the centers are to be nonprofit entities selected via a competitive bidding process administered by the state's Division of Public Health, and would be responsible for cultivating, preparing and distributing the marijuana in cooperation with state regulators and under tight state control.

more:
http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20120212/NEWS/202120349/Medical-marijuana-law-busted?

0 replies, 659 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread