HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » California (Group) » Prop. 30 camp sees hope

Tue Nov 6, 2012, 02:13 AM

Prop. 30 camp sees hope

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier-ross/article/Prop-30-camp-sees-hope-4006487.php

With the election just two days away, Gov. Jerry Brown's camp is quietly predicting that voters will grit their teeth and say "yes" to Proposition 30 - the measure to temporarily raise sales taxes for all and income taxes for the wealthy to ease the state's budget woes and prevent cuts to education.

"We're going to win this thing with a Pepto-Bismol chaser," said Yes on 30 spokesman Sean Clegg.

The optimism is based on two key changes the campaign is seeing:

-- Daily tracking polls that show an 11th-hour uptick in voter support to just over 50 percent.
-- The addition of nearly 1 million new voters who registered in the past 45 days. Many of them are Democrats considered likely to vote with Brown, who is being used in ads as the closer in the deal.

Please vote
Yes on 30
No on 38
No on 32

2 replies, 705 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Prop. 30 camp sees hope (Original post)
Starry Messenger Nov 2012 OP
alp227 Nov 2012 #1
nolabels Nov 2012 #2

Response to Starry Messenger (Original post)

Tue Nov 6, 2012, 03:00 AM

1. "The addition of nearly 1 million new voters..."

LOL, I expect some right wing group in the state to organize challenges at the polls and file recount lawsuits!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to alp227 (Reply #1)

Tue Nov 6, 2012, 07:34 AM

2. I hope it passes

And whatever kind of group would challenge for whatever kind of reason i hope they are prepared. Next to Dentists, California has just about an inexhaustible supply of Lawyers and such.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread