HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » California (Group) » Major land mine in Prop 3...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Oct 11, 2012, 02:45 PM

Major land mine in Prop 35: All sex offenders have to give their emails AND USERIDS to the authoriti

Bear in mind that a "sex offender" could be someone who got busted for indecent exposure while peeing in an alley behind a club.

http://vig.cdn.sos.ca.gov/2012/general/pdf/35-title-summ-analysis.pdf

Expanded Requirements for Sex Offender Registration. This measure requires registered sex offenders to provide the names of their Internet providers and identifiers to local police or sheriff’s departments. Such identifiers include e-mail addresses, user names, screen names, or other personal identifiers for Internet communication and activity. If a registrant changes his or her Internet service account or changes or adds an Internet identifier, the individual must notify law enforcement within 24 hours of such changes.

That would include your DU name.

Down with Big Brother! No on 35!

1 replies, 973 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Major land mine in Prop 35: All sex offenders have to give their emails AND USERIDS to the authoriti (Original post)
KamaAina Oct 2012 OP
bemildred Oct 2012 #1

Response to KamaAina (Original post)

Thu Oct 11, 2012, 09:23 PM

1. Yes, I don't like that law.

It is ripe for being misused, and we already have enough laws that are convenient pretexts for misuse.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread