HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Entertainment » TV Chat (Group) » Survivor: Caramoan - Week...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 08:11 AM

Survivor: Caramoan - Weekly threads return?

Last edited Tue Feb 12, 2013, 11:15 AM - Edit history (1)

Hey fellow Survivor Fans. I hope to return to my past habit of posting a summary of each episode and my thoughts on it and the game each week. Life got crazy for me the last few seasons with work and two young children, but I still watch the show each week. I used to enjoy posting about the show. Doing the summary also forced me to re-live the episode and think about what really happened and how it will impact the game. Of course none of this have ever helped me accurately predict what the jury would do (I am so bad at that) but it makes for a more enjoyable season for me. I hope you will all comment on the threads and talk about the episodes.

One thing, please do not post ANY spoilers. I understand from some friends that the end of this season may have already been revealed. I am crazy about this, so I was warned at the end of last season to stay off the usual survivor boards because they have lots of threads about what happens this season. I don't want to know anything about what happens on the show until CBS airs it, so please don't drop any hints or say anything that can possibly reveal something about the future.

I watched the TV Guide preview and the opening challenge looks cool. I was sad to see Brandon Hantz is back. I am done with that family and hope he does not last. My childish male hormone driven side is glad that Andrea and Brenda are back as I had a show crush on each during their seasons. I really did not like Corrinne or Francesca when they were on, so I expect to not like them again. I am glad Philip and Cocharan are back, if only for the insanity entertainment that they provide. I am glad Erik is getting a chance to undo the worst mistake in reality television history (was it worse than going home with two idols in your pocket, I think it was). I liked Malcomb last year, but I think his challenge greatness will be quickly seen by the vets and he will not last. I like Dawn a lot and hope she can be the latest "older" female vet to use her brain and toughness to stay in the game long enough to control it. Going in she is my favorite "favorite".

As for the newbies, we will see how it goes.

Hope you are all doing well and THANK YOU to whomever gave me that heart. I figured it had to be one of you lovely people.

12 replies, 831 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 12 replies Author Time Post
Reply Survivor: Caramoan - Weekly threads return? (Original post)
dr.strangelove Feb 2013 OP
Arkansas Granny Feb 2013 #1
dr.strangelove Feb 2013 #2
truebrit71 Feb 2013 #3
dr.strangelove Feb 2013 #4
catchnrelease Feb 2013 #5
dr.strangelove Feb 2013 #8
MuseRider Feb 2013 #6
dr.strangelove Feb 2013 #9
murielm99 Feb 2013 #7
dr.strangelove Feb 2013 #10
MuseRider Feb 2013 #11
catchnrelease Feb 2013 #12

Response to dr.strangelove (Original post)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 11:07 AM

1. I'm looking forward to watching this season. I got kind of burned out on it and didn't watch the

last two seasons. I'm hoping this one will be a good one. We'll see how it goes.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Arkansas Granny (Reply #1)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 11:16 AM

2. I hope it is a good one too

I like the idea of new people better than the returning "castaways" but this has a little bit of both. Plus the returning cast members seem like they will make for good TV, though I really dislike a few of them. Hope to chat with you about it later in the week after we see the first episode.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 12:30 PM

3. Looking forward to your threads....not sure about this season though...

...i really just wish that they would get all new faces on the island, rather than re-hashing old losers...How long Hantz Jr lasts will determine how long I watch this season i feel...

Reply to this post

Response to truebrit71 (Reply #3)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 01:46 PM

4. I agree with you

I do not like the "re-treads." I wish we would get all new players each season, but these 50/50 new and old seasons are better than the "all-star" seasons. If Hantz lasts more than 3 "favorite" votes, I will be surprised.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 10:22 PM

5. It will be great to have you back

I always look forward to your Survivor posts and analysis, so I'm happy that you'll be here for this season. I agree about the spoilers, I don't want to know anything ahead of time.

I think I have posted in earlier threads about the upcoming tribes, that I'm not really thrilled about most of the returnees. I agree that Philip and Cochran are entertaining, but they wear on me pretty fast, esp Philip. Dawn is ok, and Malcolm is my favorite going into this one. He and Denise were my two faves last time, so since she won I'm glad he gets to try again.

I was trying to figure out the timing between the last season and this one. Am I right that the Survivor Phillipines would not have aired by the time Caramoan was being filmed? So Malcolm would be unknown to anyone in the new groups? Or is that incorrect? Not that it makes much difference, I was just thinking that the others would not know that he made it to the final tribal and is a strong player. I also think you're probably correct and he won't fly under the radar for too long.

Here's hoping that this will be a good season with lots to discuss!

Reply to this post

Response to catchnrelease (Reply #5)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 10:32 AM

8. Malcolm

When this happened to Russell, I understand that the survivors were told that he reached the finals, but nothing else. I suspect they were told the same thing with Malcolm. Since he was picked for favorites, I think the assumption would be that he is well liked and a good player, so I think they will be ready for him. I think the timing was that there was only a week or so between the seasons. The crew gets a week or so off, but then it is back to work with the new cast. I like him too, I think he and Dawn are my favorites this time.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 11:32 PM

6. Don't know how long I can endure

either Brandon Hantz or Phillip. I was really glad that Colton was not back. I guess I can do it....I always have

Wish I knew why I had to watch this show, I just do I guess. Love it.

Glad you are going to be back. I like Dawn a lot as well.

Reply to this post

Response to MuseRider (Reply #6)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 10:34 AM

9. I know what you mean

it is like a drug that keeps me coming back for more. I was close to leaving a few seasons ago, but never did.

I hope Hantz goes first, but Phillip makes me laugh, at least for 10 weeks or so.

Reply to this post

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 03:13 AM

7. I will look forward to reading and replying

to your Survivor threads.

I am glad I get the warning this thread provides, because I do not want to go to any other boards and have the show spoiled for me. I want to watch it unfold week after week, while my husband and I make our own predictions.

We will both enjoy the comments from this group even more, because we do not have to worry about spoilers.

Reply to this post

Response to murielm99 (Reply #7)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 10:36 AM

10. I hate spoilers

We love to guess what happens each week. I am so often surprised and wrong about what people will do. Its part of why I like it. I figure after 13 years I should figure it out, but I never do. Thanks and look forward to talking with you.

Reply to this post

Response to murielm99 (Reply #7)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 12:59 PM

11. That is what we do too, in fact it started with just me and my two boys

when they were still young and home. One has stopped entirely, the other still watches online or when he is home. I save them for him, lol. We used to discuss and try to figure out what was going on and who was doing what. My husband hated it but now he watches with me and likes it. We do the same as you.

There are aspects of the game that I totally hate but there is something about watching what humans do in situations like this. It is not always a promising thing is it. Still interesting. I used to think I would have done well but now I know, I would have been tossed out as the older lady (not one of the "cute" girls) who was a pain in the ass about wanting to get a shelter and a fire rather than playing in the water or flirting.

LOL, glad it is going to be one again. Will look in probably tomorrow since I have a rehearsal and have to record it to watch later. Enjoy everyone!

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 03:01 AM

12. An interview with Probst

I always read the episode recaps by Dalton Ross at Entertainment Weekly (www.ew.com), and this time he also posted a link to a podcast he did with Jeff that is fun to listen to. Some insights into what he, Jeff, thinks about things pertaining to the show plus more. It's about 30 minutes long. If this link doesn't work, the original link is at the end of the recap article, at the EW link above.

http://pdl-stream.timeinc.net/EW/podcasts/audio/2013/02/InsideTV_02_12_12_dl.mp3

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread