HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Entertainment » TV Chat (Group) » Aaron Sorkin denies firin...

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 06:19 PM

Aaron Sorkin denies firing entire writing staff for HBO’s controversial ‘Newsroom’ series

BEVERLY HILLS -- In a sometimes tense session with TV critics who gave mixed reviews to his HBO “Newsroom” series, Aaron Sorkin Wednesday said it is “totally untrue” that he fired his entire writing staff.

Or even most of it.

“I love my writing staff,” he said, saying the modest turnover at the end of the first season was routine and some writers had been promoted.

He did say, however, that he is hiring a team of “paid consultants” to work with him and the writing staff for the second season.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/aaron-sorkin-denies-firing-entire-writing-staff-hbo-controversial-newsroom-series-article-1.1127182

Deadline.com take on the story: http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/aaron-sorkin-denies-firing-newsroom-writing-staff/

1 replies, 782 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Aaron Sorkin denies firing entire writing staff for HBO’s controversial ‘Newsroom’ series (Original post)
PoliticAverse Aug 2012 OP
davidpdx Aug 2012 #1

Response to PoliticAverse (Original post)

Sat Aug 4, 2012, 07:07 AM

1. Interesting

I really wish the seasons were longer and not so damn far apart. This season will end on August 26th and then it won't be back until sometime next June. That's 10 months off the air. I know they are running it as a short series in the network off-season to try to bolster ratings, but holy fuck I don't want to wait 10 months to see another show!

I know I'm impatient.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread