HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Entertainment » TV Chat (Group) » No-one posting about Surv...

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 10:35 AM

No-one posting about Survivor anymore? Okay here's my attempt for this week *with spoilers*

I thought this past week's episode was the best of the season so far...finally the fellas have cottoned on to the fact that the ladies have a majority and that they might want to do something about that...after winning the reward challenge one of the Abercrombie Male Models (Jay) made a clumsy attempt to woo the youngest female player (Kat) into betraying her alliance and voting with the guys. Even though she is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, Kat was able to see through this ploy and at TC stuck with the ladies' plan.

Kim is beginning to emerge as the true leader of the ladies, although I still think she will be out-witted by Sabrina who, in my estimation, is playing the smartest game of all. Chelsea was wavering a little about going with the all-girls strategy because she didn't want to 'look someone in the eye and say one thing, and then stab them in the back at Tribal'...Umm, hello? Have you SEEN this game played before?? But in the end she stuck with the ladies plan and voted for the guys.

Troyzan got whiff of the plot to oust him at TC and almost managed to throw a wrench in the works by voting for Kim along with Jay, and even though he very cleverly played his hidden immunity idol, that was not enough to save another guy from being ejected from the tribe.

All in all a very good episode that finally looks as though all of the players have finally remembered how to play this game...

7 replies, 1118 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply No-one posting about Survivor anymore? Okay here's my attempt for this week *with spoilers* (Original post)
truebrit71 Apr 2012 OP
Phentex Apr 2012 #1
Suich Apr 2012 #2
Morning Dew Apr 2012 #5
catchnrelease Apr 2012 #3
jberryhill Apr 2012 #4
murielm99 Apr 2012 #6
jberryhill Apr 2012 #7

Response to truebrit71 (Original post)

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 04:16 PM

1. I was surprised...spoilers...

I am still skeptical that the women plan to remain an alliance.

Same thoughts as you about Chelsea. Has she ever seen the show? Aye yi yi.

Troyzan seemed unhinged!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 04:52 PM

2. I think Chelsea has HEARD about Survivor,

but never watched it!

I agree about Sabrina. I also think Leif is playing a good game. Last episode, they showed Jay,Tarzan and Troyzan talking together, but we didn't even see Leif until tribal council!

I can't figure out Tarzan at all...sometimes he seems like he's having a mini-nervous breakdown.

I don't miss Colton at all but sometimes I wish there was a villain...all the players seem pretty nice.

(Thanks for starting the thread, truebrit71!)

Reply to this post

Response to Suich (Reply #2)

Tue Apr 17, 2012, 12:53 AM

5. This season it seems like most of them have never seen the show.

I thought last season's players were dumb as rocks but this group really takes the cake.

Is it possible they've run out of people who have watched this game ?

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 15, 2012, 11:30 PM

3. I still like to see/hear other peoples opinion of Survivor episodes

I think my biggest impression of this episode was that Jay must be really naive. He was so convinced that Kim and Chelsea would go to the end with him. (I wonder why he thinks a jury would pick him over one of the girls. My husband suggests it's Jay's model ego doing the thinking there. I dunno.)

May be it's the editing, but it seems like when both Jay and Troy are asking the girls if they are really going to stay with that alliance, there is such an awkward 'dead air' time before the girls assure the men that yes, we're with you, it should be obvious that it's a lie. Troy did kind of wake up compared to last week, when Kim played him like a fiddle into voting off Mike. At least this week Troy sensed he might be being conned, that this time Kim was tooooo insistent that all was ok.

Then Tarzan, after pointing out that the girls are going to vote all the men off, goes and votes for Jay! Why the heck didn't Tarzan, Troy, Jay, Leif convince Christina to vote Kim or even Alicia out. Christina should dislike Alicia enough from the earlier episodes to get rid of her. Surely she doesn't think the girls have welcomed her into their alliance now. Anyway, overall, I'm surprised how poorly the men are playing, letting the women wipe them out one by one.

While I like Chelsea, at this point I think Sabrina will make it to the end. She doesn't get much air time, but seems to be playing smart so far.

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 16, 2012, 03:45 AM

4. I've watched most seasons...

...and I'm hard-pressed to find anyone I like in this crew.

I don't know why, but this season is just miserable. That ghastly person whats-his-name who developed appendicitis was of some interest, if only for what an outstandingly repellant person he was.

And, really, a guy who has a brain issue which renders him unable to remember people's names? How in the heck does he remember who he's in an alliance with or for whom to vote?

My only hope is that they are all washed away by a tsunami.

Reply to this post

Response to jberryhill (Reply #4)

Tue Apr 17, 2012, 02:32 AM

6. I think that means he remembers

the people themselves -- their faces, characters, actions, conversations with him, etc. He cannot remember names. He may use word association or mnemonic devices to remember names in his real life situations. He is a surgeon, and brighter than many people here credit him with being.

I have trouble with names, too. It started after my thyroid went nuts, and I had it destroyed with radiation. It is no big deal if I can't recall Nicole Kidman or Hal Holbrook's name, but it is a problem if I forget a neighbor's or associate's. I used every trick in the book to remember names.

Reply to this post

Response to murielm99 (Reply #6)

Tue Apr 17, 2012, 10:50 AM

7. Socially, he's not too bright

Whether someone is intelligent, by some definition, doesn't necessarily translate into social intelligence.

That incident where he insisted on throwing his briefs into the boiling water with someone else's clothing was typical. He stood there trying to make some point about microbiology when someone objected to him putting his briefs in there. You know, it doesn't really matter what you know about microbiology in that situation. If someone is upset by his doing that, it's not an argument about microbiology, it's about respecting someone else's feelings, period.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread