HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Entertainment » TV Chat (Group) » I DVR'd the new ABC serie...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 08:33 AM

I DVR'd the new ABC series "Scandal" and watched it last night...

This new series is loosely inspired by Judy Smith’s real life as a D.C. crisis manager to the stars. I wasn't sure I'd like it when I saw the ads for it but it was actually pretty good.

Here is a article about it:

ABC’s ‘Scandal’ inspired by the life of D.C. crisis manager

By Sonsyrea Tate Montgomery

Well, did you sleep with the President or not?

I did not ask Judy Smith the question burning on so many minds as we previewed two episodes of “Scandal,” the new TV series that is loosely inspired by Smith’s life as a D.C. crisis manager to the stars.

“Scandal” was created by Shonda Rhimes, the provocative brain behind “Grey’s Anatomy” and “Private Practice.” It is based on Smith’s public relations crisis management firm in Washington. The two episodes that I saw were insightful, penetrating and riveting.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/therootdc/post/abcs-scandal-inspired-by-the-life-of-dc-crisis-manager/2012/04/05/gIQAzCJEyS_blog.html

Just wondering if anyone else has watched this show?

3 replies, 1298 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply I DVR'd the new ABC series "Scandal" and watched it last night... (Original post)
Little Star Apr 2012 OP
hlthe2b Apr 2012 #1
Little Star Apr 2012 #2
one_voice Apr 2012 #3

Response to Little Star (Original post)

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 08:45 AM

1. I have to admit to being really hesitant to start in on new shows anymore....

They keep getting canceled after a single season--sometimes before the season ends. Just when I'd gotten interested in them.

I was afraid that might happen with "REVENGE," but it looks like it has been picked up for another season.

I don't count in the ratings, anyway, so I think I'll wait to see if there is any critical or ratings groundswell before watching.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to hlthe2b (Reply #1)

Fri Apr 13, 2012, 09:00 AM

2. That's happened to me more than once too!..

I had started watching the Canadian TV series “The Bridge” on CBS here in the states and CBS cancelled it after only 3 or 4 episodes, Bastids! I was so dang mad at them over that one! It only made one full season in Canada. I would have bought it on DVD if it had run longer. I loved the cast.

It's happened more times than that but that one really got me. I was hooked and they just yanked it.

Reply to this post

Response to Little Star (Original post)

Sat Apr 14, 2012, 11:24 PM

3. I watched the first episode...

have the second on the DVR. I liked the first, I'm going to give it a few episodes.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread