HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Entertainment » Classic Films (Group) » After going through my fi...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Nov 9, 2012, 02:35 AM

After going through my first election with DU...

and watching the aftermath of the RW outrage, there was a moment last evening that I just had this urge to watch the old Dustin Hoffman movie,Little Big Man. I wasn't disappointed. America... it hasn't changed all that much. We're still pretty crazy where power and corruption is concerned; it's human. We're still trying to eek out a living, make our mark, survive, take risks, hide away, face oblivion, meet our destiny.

There are times when I say, "It's a good day to die."... Other days I can say, "My heart soars like a hawk." I feel like soaring right now. We have a moment of hope and pause, waiting for the next move. There seems to have been a reprieve in the war, just for this moment and soon it will be time to fight again. But we just keep on... keep on.. and sometimes the magic works.

Thanks for the ride everyone.

2 replies, 531 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply After going through my first election with DU... (Original post)
defacto7 Nov 2012 OP
CBHagman Nov 2012 #1
defacto7 Nov 2012 #2

Response to defacto7 (Original post)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 10:40 AM

1. Strange, isn't it, how films stay relevant.

Movies such as The Best Years of Our Lives and State of the Union still touch a chord. I don't happen to have seen Little Big Man but will keep it in mind.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to CBHagman (Reply #1)

Mon Nov 12, 2012, 06:35 PM

2. If you have never seen Little Big Man

you really should. It's a classic. Tragic, touching, funny.. it's about a 121 year old man who tells his life story of growing up in the old west. It's a movie that should be seen by every American and it's very relevant now.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread