HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Entertainment » Showbiz (Group) » Amazing likeness
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Dec 18, 2012, 02:11 PM

Amazing likeness

Case across this just now on the Vintage Black Glamour site on FB - they post some great pics there from the past.

Paul Robeson, majestic singer and actor, brilliant scholar and athlete, fierce political activist and all-around renaissance man, in a 1925 photo by Edward Gooch. According to Shadow And Act (see link in the comment section) David Harewood, the British actor and star of Showtime's "Homeland" is in talks to portray Mr. Robeson in an upcoming film. Wynton Marsalis has signed on to score the film as well.

Even though I'm UK I hadn't realised that David Harewood who plays david Estes in Homeland was British - thought he was American.

Random pic here :

I chose that one partly cos I like newsboy caps.

1 replies, 872 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Amazing likeness (Original post)
dipsydoodle Dec 2012 OP
themrssarahhall Jun 2013 #1

Response to dipsydoodle (Original post)

Tue Jun 25, 2013, 06:51 AM

1. Spot on!

That's fantastic. I sometimes wonder if we are all just carbon copies of people gone by. I saw an article the other day with loads of celebrity dopplegangers from the past: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/celebrities-old-time-look-alikes-gallery-1.1339785 - some of these are just spookily similar!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread