HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » Rotting Whale Harpoons Ga...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Apr 16, 2014, 06:51 AM

Rotting Whale Harpoons Gawkers in Small Oregon Town - hope they learned from the past

The stench of a rotting gray whale carcass hasn't kept the 40-foot beast from becoming the star attraction on an Oregon beach after washing ashore Tuesday

<snip>

A marine biologist will take samples to try to determine how the whale died before city officials work out how to remove the creature from one of the city’s busiest beaches, the station reported. It will likely be buried.

"It doesn't look skinny, it's been dead a long time," said Keith Chandler with the Marine Mammal Stranding Network told KGW.com. "So it will be tough to tell what killed it."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/rotting-whale-harpoons-gawkers-small-oregon-town-n81651

Sure hope they learned how not to dispose of a whale from 1970 (again in Oregon)

2 replies, 265 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Rotting Whale Harpoons Gawkers in Small Oregon Town - hope they learned from the past (Original post)
liberal N proud Apr 2014 OP
hobbit709 Apr 2014 #1
liberal N proud Apr 2014 #2

Response to liberal N proud (Original post)

Wed Apr 16, 2014, 08:14 AM

1. The guy whose idea it was to blow it up just died last year.

One of my top 10 funny videos.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to hobbit709 (Reply #1)

Wed Apr 16, 2014, 11:24 AM

2. I always laugh when I watch it

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread