HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » Anybody else notice this?...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Aug 8, 2013, 07:05 PM

Anybody else notice this?...Re: Morgan Freeman.

I noticed recently that Morgan Freeman's left hand appears to be paralyzed. I first noticed it in The Dark Knight Returns and then in the movie Red. Now, whenever he comes on the tube I notice that his left hand is often out of camera or is holding something small and not articulating his fingers.

Anybody know what's up with that?

4 replies, 1206 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Anybody else notice this?...Re: Morgan Freeman. (Original post)
Callmecrazy Aug 2013 OP
d_r Aug 2013 #1
PoliticAverse Aug 2013 #2
Callmecrazy Aug 2013 #3
davidpdx Aug 2013 #4

Response to Callmecrazy (Original post)

Thu Aug 8, 2013, 07:09 PM

2. Apparently the result of a car accident...

Car accident

Freeman was injured in an automobile accident near Ruleville, Mississippi, on the night of August 3, 2008. The vehicle in which he was traveling, a 1997 Nissan Maxima, left the highway and flipped over several times. He and a female passenger, Demaris Meyer, were rescued from the vehicle using the "Jaws of Life". Freeman was taken via medical helicopter to The Regional Medical Center (The Med) hospital in Memphis. Police ruled out alcohol as a factor in the crash. Freeman was coherent following the crash, as he joked to a photographer about taking his picture at the scene. His left shoulder, arm and elbow were broken in the crash and he had surgery on August 5, 2008. Doctors operated for four hours to repair nerve damage in his shoulder and arm. On CNN's Piers Morgan Tonight he stated that he is left handed but cannot move the fingers of his left hand. He wears a compression glove to protect against blood pooling due to non-movement. His publicist announced he was expected to make a full recovery. Meyer, his passenger, sued him for negligence, claiming that he was drinking the night of the accident. Subsequently, the suit was settled.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to PoliticAverse (Reply #2)

Thu Aug 8, 2013, 07:19 PM

3. Yeah. I just read the same thing...

Well... mystery solved. We may now return to our normally boring lives.

Reply to this post

Response to Callmecrazy (Original post)

Thu Aug 8, 2013, 07:23 PM

4. I saw him on Craig Ferguson

I noticed that as well and Googled it as the person above did. Personally like Freeman, but I do question whether he was drinking and driving.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread