1. Bob: Sold his cherished Porsche so he could cut his pay and give us Dental/Vision and a better health plan.
2. Bob (same one) and Dave: Always put the employees first, clients second, company third, themselves dead last. I had to "fire" them several times for working too hard and not delegating.
3. Pat: Would make me take his Trans Am to meetings, etc. in the winter because my VW Bug didn't have heat. (P.S. Trans Ams SUCK in the snow!)
4. Scott: Would give "bonuses" whenever he could, despite the crappy economy.
Good bosses know that increased profits come from loyalty. Loyalty comes from genuine love and respect. Right to Work kills the basic trust that is the foundation for any of it. Instead, it creates an atmosphere of desperation and fear. No pride, no loyalty, no sense of family.
1. Make sure everybody knows what the goals are.
2. Make sure everybody knows what the restraints are.
3. Make sure everybody knows what their role is.
4. Turn 'em loose.
5. Take all the blame.
6. Give others all the credit.
7. Watch their backs.