Tue Jan 24, 2012, 04:29 PM
Wait Wut (8,492 posts)
The Good Boss Thread
1. Bob: Sold his cherished Porsche so he could cut his pay and give us Dental/Vision and a better health plan.
2. Bob (same one) and Dave: Always put the employees first, clients second, company third, themselves dead last. I had to "fire" them several times for working too hard and not delegating.
3. Pat: Would make me take his Trans Am to meetings, etc. in the winter because my VW Bug didn't have heat. (P.S. Trans Ams SUCK in the snow!)
4. Scott: Would give "bonuses" whenever he could, despite the crappy economy.
Good bosses know that increased profits come from loyalty. Loyalty comes from genuine love and respect. Right to Work kills the basic trust that is the foundation for any of it. Instead, it creates an atmosphere of desperation and fear. No pride, no loyalty, no sense of family.
4 replies, 820 views
Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
The Good Boss Thread (Original post)
|Wait Wut||Jan 2012||OP|
|Wait Wut||Jan 2012||#3|
Response to Wait Wut (Original post)
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 04:34 PM
Scuba (44,997 posts)
1. I found being a good boss pretty easy...
1. Make sure everybody knows what the goals are.
2. Make sure everybody knows what the restraints are.
3. Make sure everybody knows what their role is.
4. Turn 'em loose.
5. Take all the blame.
6. Give others all the credit.
7. Watch their backs.
Response to Scuba (Reply #1)
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 04:39 PM
OriginalGeek (7,951 posts)
2. All of that
is why my current boss is one of the best I've ever had.
And it extends above him too - His boss is the same way.
They are 2/3 of the reasons I work where I do instead of elsewhere doing the same thing for more money.