HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » Can I unsubscribe from se...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 02:42 PM

Can I unsubscribe from seeing status updates from a Facebook friend?

I have a cousin's husband who posts a lot of irrelevant BS in Facebook. He also posts many similar-looking pictures of his little daughter every day. I don't want to be mean but I also want to stop viewing his status updates. I see there is an "Unsubscribe from status updates by X person" feature. I want to know if he will know that I am unsubscribing from him. Thanks.

3 replies, 10854 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Can I unsubscribe from seeing status updates from a Facebook friend? (Original post)
Weisbergkevin Jan 2012 OP
arcane1 Jan 2012 #1
LiberalEsto Jan 2012 #2
AllenVanAllen Jan 2012 #3

Response to Weisbergkevin (Original post)

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 02:46 PM

1. I don't think they are aware if you unsubscribe

There is also a "hide" feature available, using the little down-arrow on the right side of their posts.

I have no idea what the difference is between unsubscribe and hide

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 03:01 PM

2. I'd like to do that too

I get constant updates from one person about her Farmville game, i.e, she now owns 2 pigs, etc. A couple of other people just seem to post every thought that enters their heads. They are nice people, but....
I wish Facebook had an Ignore feature.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 24, 2012, 03:10 PM

3. Find a post from this certain person,

and to the far right of the post is a drop down menu and "unsubscribe from ****" is one of the choices.

Also to answer the question about 'farmville' and other game and bs platforms you can turn them all off so you won't see requests or anything. First, go to you profile page at the top right on the drop down arrow menu click "privacy settings" and scroll down and find 'Apps and Websites' and click 'edit settings' and click ' turn off apps.' and you're done.

hope this helps!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread