HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » George Takei's Amazon.com...

Wed May 1, 2013, 04:53 PM

George Takei's Amazon.com review of David Hasselfhoff's recording career...

When "Knight Rider" and "Bay Watch" ended, I felt a distinct void in my life. Without Hasselfhoff's bouncing pecs gracing my television, life simply felt drab and unfulfilling.

Imagine my delight when I discovered that Hasselhoff had not disappeared at all, but rather REEMERGED, this time as a serious force in music. It reminded me of when Leonard Nimoy had recorded his stirring tribute to Tolkien, "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins." It was that moving and momentous for me.

Honestly, few Americans truly appreciate how Hasselhoff... snip

more at: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000070S1/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0000070S1&linkCode=as2&tag=geek03b-20

5 replies, 952 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply George Takei's Amazon.com review of David Hasselfhoff's recording career... (Original post)
1monster May 2013 OP
Aristus May 2013 #1
1monster May 2013 #2
Aristus May 2013 #3
nolabear May 2013 #4
dixiegrrrrl May 2013 #5

Response to 1monster (Original post)

Wed May 1, 2013, 05:12 PM

1. I remember when I was stationed in Germany from 1989-1991, going in to music stores

and seeing his image, and hearing his music everywhere. The Germans were crazy about him. I don't know if there was an element of mild fascism there, tall guy with an ubermensch vibe, looks good in leather, etc. But he was a phenomenon.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Aristus (Reply #1)

Wed May 1, 2013, 05:48 PM

2. But to truly appreciate this review, you have to be familiar with L. Nimoy's BILBO BAGGINS...

Reply to this post

Response to 1monster (Reply #2)

Wed May 1, 2013, 05:50 PM

3. I saw that years ago.

I thought it was a funny poke not only against Nimoy, but Hasslehoff, as well.

Reply to this post

Response to Aristus (Reply #3)

Wed May 1, 2013, 06:06 PM

4. Hell, I was such a nerd I bought the thing!

Second worst album I ever bought, though I loved Spock at the time so it didn't matter (see other thread re being turned on in adolescence by moody depressed men).

Worst? Rod McKuen. Stanton Street and Other Sorrows. I blush to this day at how hopeless I was.

But I got better.

Reply to this post

Response to 1monster (Reply #2)

Wed May 1, 2013, 06:14 PM

5. ***Cringe****

Long after some people's embarrassment, You Tube ensures that the memory will remain.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread