HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » So one of my posts was bl...

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 09:20 PM

So one of my posts was blocked by the DU jury

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by rug (a host of the The DU Lounge forum).

So I made what I thought was a joking comment about not Michelle Obama's eye roll, but what I noticed at the end of that video about President Obama. I meant no ill will by it at all and if anyone sees my history of posts knows that I'm an ardent supporter of the President. However, the comments I saw by the jury were hurtful and painted me to be something I wasn't by one post that I can agree may not have been in the best taste, but was not intended to be hurtful. I respect the jury system here on DU, but I gotta admit some of the comments hurt. Sorry to anyone who was offended by it but I was just trying to point out something else I thought would've gotten more attention rather than the story of Michelle's eye roll, which I don't think was ill intended in any way and made to be a bigger deal by the media than it was.

6 replies, 446 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply So one of my posts was blocked by the DU jury (Original post)
Mdterp01 Jan 2013 OP
uppityperson Jan 2013 #1
Mdterp01 Jan 2013 #2
uppityperson Jan 2013 #3
Mdterp01 Jan 2013 #5
Tuesday Afternoon Jan 2013 #4
rug Jan 2013 #6

Response to Mdterp01 (Original post)

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 09:25 PM

1. It is always best to post the link and results like this....( and ETA, this should be in META forum

probably).

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=2234403
Author: Mdterp01
Subject = The other issue I haven't seen talked about is Obama digging in his nose

Alerter comments: Not only is this not true; it really doesn't need to be said about OUR president on inauguration day.

Juror #1 voted to HIDE IT and said: No explanation given
Juror #2 voted to HIDE IT and said: This troll douchebag joined DU on election night at 6:15 pm, looking to gloat. This troll douche got quite a surprise. No doubt this troll douche sulked for a while and generally acted like the insignificant ass that he or she is. But - lucky us - now this troll douche is back and is pouty as kid who got a lollipop taken away. No doubt, others here will see this troll douche as harmless or just adding to the conversation, or whatever else our half-assed jury system conjures up. But this fucker should be MIRTed on the double quick, and would have been even two years ago. Since that probably won't happen, let me just say FUCK YOU MDterp01, and election night was a fucking joy, and I'm glad you were here to experience it.
Juror #3 voted to LEAVE IT ALONE and said: No explanation given
Juror #4 voted to HIDE IT and said: silly, someone needs a nap.
Juror #5 voted to HIDE IT and said: Kind of tasteless, given the special day that it was for the Obama family.
Juror #6 voted to HIDE IT and said: How obvious can you get?

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to uppityperson (Reply #1)

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 09:27 PM

2. Thanks

I'm still new and wasn't sure what forum to post it in. Thanks for showing me how to post it as well.

Response to Mdterp01 (Reply #2)

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 09:30 PM

3. FWIW, you can alert on the pm of that alert to send it to Admin because jurors aren't

supposed to be nasty like that in their comments.

Response to uppityperson (Reply #3)

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 09:40 PM

5. Thanks again but...

...no I don't want to be petty. Like I said, I have to respect the jury process here because thats the setup of this website and have to take my result like a man. It obviously offended those particular jury members chosen to a degree that some felt they needed to respond that way. I think I can just end it there but I did want to make my own post at least giving the opportunity to defend that I'm not the poster a few depicted me to be and that a few of the comments just weren't nice. But whatevs...its been a great day and I guess I just learned to be more careful in the future about what I post given others sensitivies.

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 09:34 PM

4. lol

respect the jury system.

that is my favorite part.

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 09:52 PM

6. Locking. Get in the jury bemoaning line in Meta.