HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » Have anyone else ever won...

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 12:48 AM

Have anyone else ever wondered how some people get a bunch of views in one day on YouTube?

I certainly have been. For example, I was on one of Chuggaaconroy's videos (he's a video game LPer BTW), and I noticed that on one video he uploaded today, it already had over 10K views. Also whenever I browse videos, I always see videos that manage to get over a million views in just 2-3 days. It has been baffling me how some YouTubers can get views so easily, while others (such as myself) are lucky to even get 1 view per day. I wonder what their secret is. Do they perhaps use video-sharing programs that let you buy views and subscribers?

6 replies, 688 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Have anyone else ever wondered how some people get a bunch of views in one day on YouTube? (Original post)
Jamaal510 Jan 2013 OP
Fearless Jan 2013 #1
Jamaal510 Jan 2013 #2
CBGLuthier Jan 2013 #3
MrYikes Jan 2013 #4
CBGLuthier Jan 2013 #5
JustABozoOnThisBus Jan 2013 #6

Response to Jamaal510 (Original post)

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 02:37 AM

1. Hmmm...

I'd take a guess and say a few things...

First, a person with 1000 subscribers is much more likely to get a few thousand hits in a few days than someone with 10 or 100 and less then someone who has 10k or 100k.

Many people promote themselves across a lot of platforms... ie. Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Reddit, etc. and build a following.

After a while, you kind of get over a hump in the following built by the channel and are never going to be lacking viewers.

Then there are just the one-hit-wonder videos that everyone seems to like and get shared around the internet very quickly.

My two cents, though to be fair I do not do the youtube thing.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Fearless (Reply #1)

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 08:25 AM

2. That makes sense.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 09:11 AM

3. I have ten videos up and one of them gets 95 percent of my traffic.

I have no real idea why the one is more popular. It is only 30 seconds long. If I knew for sure what made it the most popular I would try to make a hundred more like it.

I get around a thousand views a month but have never really put any effort into it. I am planning to change that this year.

Reply to this post

Response to CBGLuthier (Reply #3)

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 09:35 AM

4. why?

If I new for sure what made it the most popular I would try to make a hundred more like it.

Reply to this post

Response to MrYikes (Reply #4)

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 09:41 AM

5. Because, like the Mothers of Invention, I am only in it for the money

Sort of, not really, but yeah.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 09:41 AM

6. View-bots? I'd bet there's an app for that.

If you really want to get a "view count" high.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread