HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » Just celebrated with a ch...

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 01:59 PM

Just celebrated with a champagne brunch

Champagne, scrambled eggs, English muffins and black, Kona coffee.

The eggs were organic, from cage-free hens on local family farms. Hey, I am a Liberal!

I bought the champagne to celebrate Mr. Obama's victory; but, I spent last night celebrating with friends from the Obama campaign here in KC at a local pizza place. The drink of choice was Boulevard Brewery's Dry Stout.

Boulevard is our local microbrewery. Here in KC we're as proud of our microbrews as we are of our barbecue!

3 replies, 391 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Just celebrated with a champagne brunch (Original post)
LongTomH Nov 2012 OP
dhill926 Nov 2012 #1
Laura PourMeADrink Nov 2012 #2
HopeHoops Nov 2012 #3

Response to LongTomH (Original post)

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 02:08 PM

1. nice....

headed to a celebration lunch soon here in LA. Hope the white wine knocks back my happiest of hangovers...ha ha....

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 02:31 PM

2. sounds fabulous !

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 7, 2012, 03:08 PM

3. We get our eggs from a cage-free organic farm. My wife works with the woman who raises them.

She has so many she ends up composting a lot of them. She's happy to give them away. We, however, have so many fresh herbs that we end up composting some of THOSE! My wife takes in herbs and a buck and gets a dozen HUGE eggs. I'd forgotten how good farm egg yolks were until she started trading. Damn I love those things. The yolks are twice the size of store factory XL eggs and a deep orange. And hell, you can't beat the price!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread