HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » WEIRD SHIT! I was on the ...

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 06:28 PM

WEIRD SHIT! I was on the phone with my mom and said something about being stoned.

She said she never had any idea I'd smoked pot and would have sworn that I didn't. I said, "Mom, I was stoned all to Jesus for ten years! How could you have missed that?" No answer.

Seriously, how can you NOT know somebody is royally wasted 24x7? I'm totally confused here.

And when I said "stoned all to Jesus", I meant it. I don't think there was a time (other than when I was asleep) where I WASN'T stoned! And I smoked REALLY good weed. This sort of stuff...

14 replies, 1337 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 14 replies Author Time Post
Reply WEIRD SHIT! I was on the phone with my mom and said something about being stoned. (Original post)
HopeHoops Aug 2012 OP
OriginalGeek Aug 2012 #1
Wait Wut Aug 2012 #2
HopeHoops Aug 2012 #6
pipi_k Aug 2012 #8
hobbit709 Aug 2012 #3
Raster Aug 2012 #10
Mopar151 Aug 2012 #4
Iggo Aug 2012 #5
HopeHoops Aug 2012 #7
pipi_k Aug 2012 #9
Iggo Aug 2012 #11
La Lioness Priyanka Aug 2012 #14
Major Nikon Aug 2012 #12
HopeHoops Aug 2012 #13

Response to HopeHoops (Original post)

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 06:37 PM

1. I moved out of My folks' house before I started smoking pot

but I remember one time visiting for Christmas and I had brought a couple doobs so late Christmas eve my brother and I hung our heads out his bedroom window and had some christmas cheer.

The next morning my mom said "Wow I must really be hungry - last night I thought someone was baking a ham in the middle of the night...I must have been dreaming..."

Yeah mom, we were baked all right...

(it was pretty foolish of us too - my stepfather would have been happy to call the police on me if he had caught us. Back then I didn't give a fuck though and would have enjoyed pissing him off that much...)

there was a couple years there my best friend and I were totally wasted every day and we'd go raid his mom's kitchen and she either never noticed or (far more likely) it just didn't bother her. She was an artist and probably knew more about that stuff than we knew she knew.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 06:51 PM

2. My brother came home for summer break one year...

...with some 'pretty little plants'. At least, that's what my mom called them. When she asked my brother what kind they were he told her they were a new variety of aralia (sp?).

She watered them for him the whole summer.

Reply to this post

Response to Wait Wut (Reply #2)

Fri Aug 3, 2012, 09:13 AM

6. We have Lady Baltimore hibiscus. I call it "the suspicious looking plant".

The leaves look VERY much like pot leaves except that they are joined at the stem (think thread leaf maple) rather than individual leaves sprouting from the same spot on the stem. From a distance it's REALLY similar. On major difference - it has 6" magenta flowers instead of little white ones.

Reply to this post

Response to Wait Wut (Reply #2)

Fri Aug 3, 2012, 09:35 AM

8. hahahah! sounds like my brother!

He had what he told our mom was a "tomato" plant on the kitchen windowsill and asked her to take care of it for him.

Well, mom has a brown thumb...and she killed it.

For years she felt so guilty for murdering my bro's "tomato" plant.

It was some years later when she finally found out what it really was.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 07:05 PM

3. Or these

Reply to this post

Response to hobbit709 (Reply #3)

Fri Aug 3, 2012, 10:23 AM

10. Yummy!

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 2, 2012, 09:20 PM

4. These should be Blue Ribbon prizes at the county fair!

I encountered the Purple Ribbon "Best in Show" purple hair bud backalong I love Vermont....

Reply to this post

Fri Aug 3, 2012, 08:56 AM

5. My mom knew I was doing it.

But never when I was doing it and therefore never to what extent I was doing it. She found my stash a couple times, but she only ever accused me of being high when she was pissed at me, not when, for example, I was doing my homework or, say, playing on the varsity tennis team. She never really did put it together.

Reply to this post

Response to Iggo (Reply #5)

Fri Aug 3, 2012, 09:15 AM

7. I seriously can't comprehend how she knew I wasn't wasted all that time.

She showed up at my apartment unannounced on time (I was sick as a dog) and there were pot plants under a grow lamp on the shelf in the living room. Maybe she didn't know what they were, but still.

Reply to this post

Fri Aug 3, 2012, 09:39 AM

9. In all fairness to your mom...

if you were stoned just about all the time, that's what was normal for her.

Same sort of thing that happened with my second husband, an alcoholic. People never guessed he drank so much unless they saw him sober. Which was for about 15 minutes every morning.

Reply to this post

Response to pipi_k (Reply #9)

Fri Aug 3, 2012, 10:39 AM

11. That's a goddam good point!

Reply to this post

Response to pipi_k (Reply #9)

Fri Aug 3, 2012, 01:04 PM

14. lol. good point

Reply to this post

Fri Aug 3, 2012, 11:03 AM

12. My dad once told me my eyes looked like two olives floating in tomato juice

There wasn't much I could get by my dad because he had done it all. Also because of that he wasn't very critical about it.

Reply to this post

Response to Major Nikon (Reply #12)

Fri Aug 3, 2012, 11:40 AM

13. That's the best description I've EVER heard. "One day I was out there talkin' to my brother..."

"...and I reached down for a weed to chew on. Things got hazy and things got fuzzy and then EVERYTHING was gone. When I came to my brother was there and he said 'Wah happened to yo ehes?' I said, 'I dunno I was chewin on a weed'. He said 'Lemme give it a try.'

Spent the rest of that day and most of that night tryin to find my brother Bill. Caught up with him bout six o'clock the next morning, naked, sittin on the windmill. He said he flew up there. I had to fly up and get him down, he was about half crazy."

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread