HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » Just went to the Van Gogh...

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 04:55 PM

Just went to the Van Gogh exhibit at the art gallery today. Who wants to bet that

I was within 5 feet of an actual molecule of Van Gogh? I made sure to breath in deep. It was all outdoor scenes of wheat fields, poppies and greenery. Nice stuff.

7 replies, 867 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Just went to the Van Gogh exhibit at the art gallery today. Who wants to bet that (Original post)
applegrove Aug 2012 OP
arcane1 Aug 2012 #1
hibbing Aug 2012 #2
applegrove Aug 2012 #4
mrmpa Aug 2012 #3
HopeHoops Aug 2012 #5
rug Aug 2012 #6
applegrove Aug 2012 #7

Response to applegrove (Original post)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 05:07 PM

1. It's been said that every glass of water contains at least 1 molecule that has passed...

through the bladder of Oliver Cromwell.

So it's certainly possible that there is some actual Van Gogh DNA hanging around

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 05:08 PM

2. starry night

Hi,
I see the Denver Art Museum has an exhibit coming August 15th called "Becoming Van Gogh", is this the same exhibit you saw?

Peace

Reply to this post

Response to hibbing (Reply #2)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 05:20 PM

4. No. Ours in Ottawa is called "Van Gogh: Up Close" We didn't have any starry nights or cafe

or potato eaters or indoor scenes or portraits. It was all landscapes. Well worth it. Amazing to think he painted each canvas in one day.

http://www.gallery.ca/en/see/collections/category_index.php

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 05:18 PM

3. I saw the 1998 Van Gogh exhibit.........

at the National Art Museum in DC. I have a print of his Fishing Boats on the Beach at Saintes-Maries-De-La-Mer framed hanging in my bedroom.

The day I visited I also saw Bill & Hilary Clinton boarding MARINE 1 helicopter, near the reflecting ponds.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 06:37 PM

5. Did they strip search you and do a cavity search to make sure you didn't have nail clippers?

I'm serious about that. My wife took her kids on a field trip and they had to leave ALL of their personal baggage outside the museum. Some generous food car vendor offered to guard them. What the FUCK is a 5 year old kid going to bring into a boring (in their minds) museum? Their lunches were in those bags. They didn't even search the bags, they just said "no bags". We're becoming a really sick society, if you can call it that anymore.

On Edit: Her classroom kids.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 06:58 PM

6. It was Theo's molecule.

Reply to this post

Response to rug (Reply #6)

Wed Aug 1, 2012, 07:02 PM

7. That's fine by me. He was cool too.

Reply to this post