Thu Jun 21, 2012, 08:33 PM
Amerigo Vespucci (30,695 posts)
"Once I saw the legs, I started screaming, throwing up..."
Florida resident Victoria Harrah claims she got quite a shock recently when a piece of beef ravioli from a can of Chef Boyardee contained an unwelcome additive: a large spider.
Harrah told WFTV how it happened: "I took my ravioli, dunked it in the sauce and all of a sudden, when I bit into it, it was crunchy," she said. "Once I spit it out, I saw the legs," said Harrah. "Once I saw the legs, I started screaming, throwing up..."
The Sun Sentinel reports that this isn't Harrah's first encounter with a spider. She was bitten by a brown recluse 20 years ago, and still has visible scars on her back from pus sacs that were removed in the aftermath.
Harrah revealed that although Chef Boyardee's parent company, ConAgra Foods, was apologetic, representatives told her that the incident may have been imagined. Previous reports of insects in the product, they told her, may instead be pieces of meat that had not been ground completely.
7 replies, 919 views
Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
"Once I saw the legs, I started screaming, throwing up..." (Original post)
|Amerigo Vespucci||Jun 2012||OP|
Response to Amerigo Vespucci (Original post)
Fri Jun 22, 2012, 03:37 PM
hfojvt (31,290 posts)
5. okay, okay, I am sorry
I will put on some long pants
geez, you'd think people had never seen cellulite before.
you think my legs are bad, you oughta see me without a shirt on.