Death is the great unknown, the ultimate one-way door. No matter how much we learn about physics or biology, the mystery of death remains intact. That's why this week, io9 is going beyond the veil, to learn everything there is to know about death. What is it, why do we fear it, and what does it actually mean to be dead? Come take this journey with us.
2. 10 Reasons Not to Bring Someone Back from the Dead
1. They Come Back, But Not Quite Alive
2. You Bring Them Back Wrong
3. They'll Try to Kill You Afterward
4. They Bring Death With Them
5. It Will Come at Great Personal Cost
6. It Will Attract Unwanted Attention
7. It's Only Temporary
8. They Were Actually Okay With Being Dead
9. You Never Really Liked Them in the First Place
10. It Makes for Unnecessary Sequels
3. Being a hospice nurse has taught me a lot about death.
One of the things that I know is no matter how brilliant or arrogent the doctor, they can't predict when someone will die. People can be doing the weirdest breathing with irregular heart beats and as a nurse you can only say " I think it will happen today. But, there is a slight possibility the person will be doing better tomorrow." It's almost like G-d or some supreme being is laughing and taunting us humans telling us this is one thing we will never know and it is one thing families will always ask us. When will s/he die? How many days? Weeks? months?
Thank you for posting that website. It looks really interesting.