HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Some Friday entertainment...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Feb 15, 2013, 04:45 PM

Some Friday entertainment: A cheap, mean-minded little song...

Earlier today I watched a video posted by Playinghardball in 'The NRA Is On Thin Ice, And Here's How You Can Tell'. When I read the title of the video clip, "The NRA Doesn't Speak For Me", a somewhat related song lyric immediately burst into my head. This happens a lot to me - a grossly disproportionate number of the neurons in my skull store lyrics, melodies, and trivia about music I have heard. Gets annoying sometimes, but it can also be fun.

The song is by Canadian singer-songwriter Garnet Rogers. In this clip he gives a long, funny introduction to the song, which sets up a lot of context. I think most DUer's will be very sympathetic to the message...there are no mentions of guns or religion, and just a couple of allusions to an aspect of a sport. And a bit of scathing political commentary.

The song is entitled 'Junior'.

Happy Friday. I hope you enjoy this ... even if you're from Norfolk, Virginia.

2 replies, 701 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Some Friday entertainment: A cheap, mean-minded little song... (Original post)
DreamGypsy Feb 2013 OP
RVN VET Feb 2013 #1
jjewell Feb 2013 #2

Response to DreamGypsy (Original post)

Fri Feb 15, 2013, 05:25 PM

1. Nostalgia

Makes me remember TW3 and the Brothers Smothers -- and how they were both booted off the air by crass and whorey TV execs who were afraid of anti-establishment truth-telling.

I wish there had been a vehicle for songs like this during Junior's reign of terror.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to DreamGypsy (Original post)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 02:04 AM

2. That was great...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread