HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » "Total Kabuki Oversi...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 06:19 PM

"Total Kabuki Oversight": Jeremy Scahill on Lovefest Between Senators & John Brennan

To watch this entire interview with Jeremy Scahill on Democracy Now!, visit http://owl.li/hyeCB.

Jeremy Scahill, author of the forthcoming book, "Dirty Wars," and national security correspondent for The Nation, reacts to CIA nominee John Brennan's Senate confirmation hearing on Feb. 7.

Scahill says: "I cannot say I was surprised at what happened on Capitol Hill, but it really was more less a love fest with in the most powerful senators when it comes to intelligence operations in the U.S. and John Brennan, a man who could not get confirmed the last time Obama tried to make him CIA director because of very serious questions about his views on an role in the torture program under the Bush administration, has served for more than four years as the assassination czar, and it basically looked like they're discussing purchasing a used car on Capitol Hill. Total kabuki oversight. That is a devastating commentary on where things stand."

2 replies, 585 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply "Total Kabuki Oversight": Jeremy Scahill on Lovefest Between Senators & John Brennan (Original post)
rachel1 Feb 2013 OP
TwilightGardener Feb 2013 #1
annm4peace Feb 2013 #2

Response to rachel1 (Original post)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 06:34 PM

1. I didn't really watch it. So...not a "grilling", then? Of course not.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to rachel1 (Original post)

Thu Feb 14, 2013, 12:33 AM

2. Jeremy Scahill is incredible

I wondered where he was. I'm glad he is educating us on Mr Brennan

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread