HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Cop Punches Victim (US So...

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 12:31 PM

Cop Punches Victim (US Soldier) for Complaining It Took Them 45 Minutes to Respond to His Call

#at=149

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article33898.htm

February 10, 2013 "ABC7" -- -The ABC7 News I-Team has uncovered a new complaint of excessive force against Vallejo police — the incident, caught on camera. The department is already reeling after a violent year, including six people shot and killed by officers.

The more I dig, the more questions I have. This story began when a package arrived in the mail from someone inside the department. It was a DVD, a police report, and a letter complaining about a “cowboy attitude” by officers and command staff.

Imagine you’re a police officer on patrol. It’s a warm summer day when the call comes in — a 22-year-old complaining his roommates beat him up and kicked him out of the apartment.

Do ya still expect them to protect you? O yea ...another ...only a few bad apples ...again and again.

70 replies, 9652 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 70 replies Author Time Post
Reply Cop Punches Victim (US Soldier) for Complaining It Took Them 45 Minutes to Respond to His Call (Original post)
L0oniX Feb 2013 OP
rhett o rick Feb 2013 #1
rexcat Feb 2013 #10
AgainsttheCrown Feb 2013 #25
siligut Feb 2013 #36
AgainsttheCrown Feb 2013 #43
siligut Feb 2013 #45
AgainsttheCrown Feb 2013 #47
siligut Feb 2013 #50
AgainsttheCrown Feb 2013 #59
siligut Feb 2013 #63
AgainsttheCrown Feb 2013 #67
siligut Feb 2013 #69
bitchkitty Feb 2013 #64
AgainsttheCrown Feb 2013 #65
rexcat Feb 2013 #55
AgainsttheCrown Feb 2013 #58
rexcat Feb 2013 #62
SkyDaddy7 Feb 2013 #39
Politicalboi Feb 2013 #2
mwrguy Feb 2013 #3
L0oniX Feb 2013 #4
mwrguy Feb 2013 #23
freshwest Feb 2013 #9
SkyDaddy7 Feb 2013 #40
newfie11 Feb 2013 #5
L0oniX Feb 2013 #6
newfie11 Feb 2013 #7
me b zola Feb 2013 #8
awoke_in_2003 Feb 2013 #11
PatrynXX Feb 2013 #21
markpkessinger Feb 2013 #34
SkyDaddy7 Feb 2013 #41
awoke_in_2003 Feb 2013 #49
Stuart G Feb 2013 #12
Buzz Clik Feb 2013 #13
SkyDaddy7 Feb 2013 #42
Stuart G Feb 2013 #14
Spitfire of ATJ Feb 2013 #15
They_Live Feb 2013 #16
Spitfire of ATJ Feb 2013 #18
AgainsttheCrown Feb 2013 #27
Spitfire of ATJ Feb 2013 #51
AgainsttheCrown Feb 2013 #60
Spitfire of ATJ Feb 2013 #61
AgainsttheCrown Feb 2013 #68
Spitfire of ATJ Feb 2013 #70
JimDandy Feb 2013 #28
Spitfire of ATJ Feb 2013 #52
mother earth Feb 2013 #17
jjewell Feb 2013 #19
blackspade Feb 2013 #32
jjewell Feb 2013 #35
blackspade Feb 2013 #54
truth2power Feb 2013 #20
L0oniX Feb 2013 #22
RVN VET Feb 2013 #24
KansDem Feb 2013 #46
Kingofalldems Feb 2013 #26
FailureToCommunicate Feb 2013 #29
blackspade Feb 2013 #33
FailureToCommunicate Feb 2013 #37
blackspade Feb 2013 #53
tomm2thumbs Feb 2013 #30
blackspade Feb 2013 #31
Squaredeal Feb 2013 #38
Downtown Hound Feb 2013 #44
Dustlawyer Feb 2013 #48
MrScorpio Feb 2013 #56
damnedifIknow Feb 2013 #57
Iggo Feb 2013 #66

Response to L0oniX (Original post)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 12:46 PM

1. "We're a professional organization, and if you dont believe it, I will sucker-punch you in

the face." Apparently he is a Marine first and officer of the law second.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to rhett o rick (Reply #1)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 01:25 PM

10. This is why I have problems with the military...

being in our police forces, especially jar heads! There was no reason for that police officer to do what he did. He was the aggressor.

When I was in the service when we saw anyone in a Marine uniform, no matter where, we walked away from them. They are trained to be animals.

Reply to this post

Response to rexcat (Reply #10)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 05:07 PM

25. What branch were you in? The Boy Scouts!?

Trained to be animals...That's why they call us Devil Dogs...

Maybe you shouldn't have joined if you feared another branch so much....glad you're out.

Oohrah....Semper Fi

Reply to this post

Response to AgainsttheCrown (Reply #25)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 06:47 AM

36. Oohrah....Semper Fi?

Best years of your life I take it?

This is what the OP is complaining about.

Reply to this post

Response to siligut (Reply #36)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 10:08 AM

43. Not at all...

I don't define myself by it. It's something I did for a few years and I had some good and some bad times. I'm taking issue with the part where he's saying that Marines are animals.

And I think the OP is about police brutality..............

Reply to this post

Response to AgainsttheCrown (Reply #43)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 10:32 AM

45. "Trained to be animals" emphasis on trained

I interpret "trained to be animals" as drilled into an instinctive, predatory state.

The interaction between the victim and the policemen went awry and it is considered in the article that the policeman's service in the Marines may have had an influence.

Here is a bit of the interaction:
Darden: I know who I’m talkin’ to and you’re down, you understand that? So, you’re talkin’ to a United States Marine, you understand that?
Robles: You’re talkin’ to a US Soldier.
Darden: OK, you’re talkin’ to a Marine, so I suggest that you never step up and get in my face again when I’m talkin’ to you, do you understand me?

I think the OP is about the unprofessional attitude and behavior from a policeman who reverted back to being a Marine.

Reply to this post

Response to siligut (Reply #45)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 12:12 PM

47. How do you know this guy isn't just a dick?

(Please excuse my incoherence...I just got off a 15 hr shift...)

I don't think that's too far out of the realm of possibility.

Lots of cops that use excessive force have no military experience...some were in the army, navy or air force.

The biggest dick I know of was a former sailor. I don't think the navy is churning out stone cold assassin sailors.

A guy I work with was Marine Recon and he is very courteous and professional. I've never seen the Devil Dog bloodlust in him and his training was way harder and more intense than mine.

You see...I was one of two guys in my academy who was on the opposite side of the majority when we argued about the use of force in videos. The other guy on my side was an 11B in the Army. We didn't always think force was excessive, but given the totality of the circumstances it didn't always strike us as justifiable.

Since I've started I rarely have to use force because I can usually talk people into cuffs. When force is required I use only the required amount of force necessary to make the arrest or detention. I'm a month in to my 7th year as a cop and I have yet to feel this animalistic Marine taught bloodlust fill my heart....

I will say that they use a method similar to cult indoctrination to train you to be more aggressive and kill. But to the point that other service members should fear the whole branch?!

Please....

Don't identify which branch you were with you'll only shame it.

Reply to this post

Response to AgainsttheCrown (Reply #47)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 12:56 PM

50. The guy is a dick, at least that is his reputation

Cyndi Mitchell joined activist group Copwatch after Vallejo police killed her brother Mario Romero. She claims police planted a pellet gun on him to justify the shooting.

"There's a lot of aggression and I believe it's because there's no accountability," she said.

Copwatch held a rally against excessive force in Vallejo just last week.

Mitchell says Darden's actions on the video match his reputation on the street.

"He's not able to properly serve the people of the community because he has a big ego, a chip on his shoulder," she said.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/iteam&id=8976413

The chip on his shoulder comment tells me that you are probably correct, the Marines just gave him the skills and confidence to be a better dick.

Maybe you are smack-talking? 15 hr shift? I am going to just say, smack-talk doesn't work on line if someone doesn't know you.

Reply to this post

Response to siligut (Reply #50)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 10:55 PM

59. Sorry there is a little smack in there...

An old fire-team leader once wrote a paper for a psych course comparing the Marines to a cult. He laid out how the Marines met all the criteria for a cult. One of the dynamics was defense of the cult: Internally we will trash it all to hell, but externally we will vociferously defend it...

So perhaps his dickery was refined by the Corps. But I've met a few cops that are dicks and don't have military service. These are the ones that are gutless on their own and have "back-up" courage...

Reply to this post

Response to AgainsttheCrown (Reply #59)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 09:46 AM

63. I read an article citing the paper your fire-team leader wrote

The article then explained, despite similar methods, why the Marines is not a cult. The problem is not with the Marines, the problem is with poorly disciplined police. Darden brought his service in the Marines to the table, which is why it became part of the discussion. Now I understand that you were doing what you have been programmed to do, it is good we had this exchange.

It is interesting about that programming, of course you feel compelled to follow through, but there is actually a kind of internal satisfaction/reward you get from it that doesn't come from other behaviors. Not just you, all persons who have experienced cult indoctrination.

I feel a mixture of pity and revulsion toward those gutless dicks. In a perfect world, Darden would have been screened out of both the Marines and the police force.

Reply to this post

Response to siligut (Reply #63)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 04:55 PM

67. There may be some residual defensiveness

But I still criticize militarism and I'm against drones because they take our troops out of harms way.

That being said I just don't think he did this because he was a Marine, but because he's a dick that was once a Marine and is now a cop. Maybe I'm biased, since I also was a Marine and am now a cop, but don't you think I'd be defending him?

Reply to this post

Response to AgainsttheCrown (Reply #67)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 05:40 PM

69. What defense could you give for him?

Seriously, his behavior was completely out-of-bounds. Your indoctrination would show by your defense of the institutions though. Again, I don't have a problem with the Marines or the police as institutions. And not all cult programming is on a conscious level, but you know that.

I just hope we don't get another big, black cop gone bad news story anytime soon, I would have to be concerned that Darden and Dorner aren't just coincidence.

Reply to this post

Response to AgainsttheCrown (Reply #47)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 10:05 AM

64. You probably

have to suffer the consequences of bad cops' behavior, in that some people will always have a bad perception of you because of what you do, when you're obviously one of the good ones. Sorry about that.

Reply to this post

Response to bitchkitty (Reply #64)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 04:40 PM

65. Thanks!

Some day...when finances allow...I'll be able to get out and do what I truly want to do. Until then I'll do the job to the best of my abilities and vow to never be that guy or one of the ones that stands by and does nothing while it happens.

Reply to this post

Response to AgainsttheCrown (Reply #25)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 06:54 PM

55. Not the Boy Scouts...

but your attitude reminds me as to why I avoided Marines. I did not "fear" the Marines but I was smart enough to know that avoiding them would keep me out of trouble. "Smart" is something I don't associate with Marines. Marines are trained to respond to commands and do what they are told. "Thinking" is not something they are trained to do but something to avoid.

I was in the US Air Force. When I got my draft number it was rather low and I really did not want to spend my time in the Army or the Marines and end up in Viet Nam so I joined the USAF and my test scores were sufficiently high that I got into the USAF. I was at Patrick AFB, Cocoa Beach, FL for 3 of the 4 years I was in. I was part of Medical Operations for Manned Space and participated in Apollo 17, the Sky Lab missions and Apollo Soyuz mission. I have my DOD certificates and mission patches on my office wall at my house. What cool stuff did you do in the service? At least I was in a situation where some good came of my military service and I did not have to participate directly in a war that we should not have been in.

During my stay at Patrick AFB I did my fair share of short arm inspections for GC and sent many a person from the Army and Marines to the ER for their Penicillin G to treat their infections! We had every branch of the service at Patrick because of Defense Race Relations Institute was there.

Reply to this post

Response to rexcat (Reply #55)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 10:41 PM

58. I was just a basic infantry Marine Reservist...

Nothing special. Did my time and got out without having to go to either major theater. I deployed...had fun and saw some sights...but I'm not going to whip it out and compare service.

Your post generalized and I'm taking issue with it. All the branches are trained to respond to commands and do what they are told.

I don't need to watch yet another excessive force video to tell me that cop culture needs to be changed. But...as I've said the cops that were Marines that I work or have worked with, carry themselves professionally and would not use excessive force.

So for you to make it seem as if Marines are roving packs of wild animals is ridiculous.

Reply to this post

Response to AgainsttheCrown (Reply #58)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 11:24 PM

62. For some reason...

the cops who were in the military or who are serving in the reserves I have encountered in the community I live in have some issues! Military training and police training have two different goals and they are usually opposite from each other. When you mix the two together stuff happens and sometimes not for the good. My encounters with Marines while I was in the AF were not pleasant experiences and it had more to do with my AF uniform than anything else. Like I posted above I tried to avoid Marines as much as humanly possible.

I do admit that I have a bias against the Marines and a bias against the military in general even though my maternal grandfather was a Marine in WWI and received the purple heart. He ended up in the Navy as a Warrant Officer and then in 1932 got his officer's commission and fought in WWII on a destroyer. He retired after 30 years. My father was a fighter pilot in the AF and spend 24 years in the service before he retired. My father and I argued till day he died about the military. I did not like being in the military (somewhat of an understatement) but received an honorable discharge after 4 years active duty and a good conduct medal (for what it's worth). When I see an officer in uniform today and stomach tightens and I got out in 1975. There have been members of my family serve in the military since the Revolutionary War.

Another problem I have is the US having a professional military. From what I have read the founders of this country did not want a professional military. They saw enough bad come out of the British military at the time but I am torn about the draft. Been there and done that!

I never said Marines were a roving pack of wild animals but I did mention something about their training in that respect. Some of the stories my father-in-law has told me about his days in the Marines was shocking to me but he had no problems with what happened to some of his fellow Marines who were "not up to snuff." The shit that he said happened in basic training and after basic training would never have happened in the USAF but I did get to assist on two autopsies of airmen who committed suicide (by hanging) on base because they were being harassed by their NCOIC's and saw no other way out. We actually had a third airman who committed suicide in the same year but he did it while on leave when he went home. Those asshats got away with murder as far as I am concerned. I also had a lifer come after me but I was able to prevail so my biases have some grounding.

Peace!

Reply to this post

Response to rexcat (Reply #10)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 08:52 AM

39. In the US Air force...

We were taught "Military Bearing"...This cop has NOTHING!! Who gives a fuck if he is a Marine he gets to jump anyone he wants & if they get the best of him then he can shoot them & get away with it...That makes folks think they are gods & this video proves it!!

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 12:46 PM

2. I hope he sues the shit out of them

That cop didn't need to do that. And he can smoke. There is NO law against that. And that other "cop" couldn't catch an ice cream truck going 5mph if his life depended on it. How does someone so big be able to wear that uniform.

I would have wanted an ambulance, and I would have told the EMT's that I was abused by those cops, so let's get out of here.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 12:49 PM

3. When assholes collide.

Reply to this post

Response to mwrguy (Reply #3)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 12:51 PM

4. One of them "assholes" is a victim of crime. n/t

Reply to this post

Response to L0oniX (Reply #4)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 03:53 PM

23. That is true.

But he's still an asshole.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 01:21 PM

9. Bet the roomies have their own story to tell, too.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 08:54 AM

40. So complaining to a cop makes one an asshole??

Did not know that.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 12:52 PM

5. I wonder if they ever got around to the bad guys

This is terrible.

Reply to this post

Response to newfie11 (Reply #5)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 12:54 PM

6. They are the bad guys! n/t

Reply to this post

Response to L0oniX (Reply #6)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 01:15 PM

7. How very true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nt

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 01:19 PM

8. Around 4:20 cop begins to explain how he going to lie about his "contact" with this young man

The cop says that he was "forced" to control the situation, which is of course a absurd lie.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 01:40 PM

11. The cop is a douche...

but so is the other guy. "I'm a US soldier, bro". Oh, so this give you reason to act like an ass?

Reply to this post

Response to awoke_in_2003 (Reply #11)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 03:26 PM

21. think they pretty much made sure

they looked worse than smoking something ...... clearly though the Reserve was a Solider. Yes Sir. Basically and this is racist a bit but I'm gonna say it. (may sound racist) the cop turned a white guy into a black slave. Yes sir yes sir anything who want. want me to lie I'll lie. Just that switch was fast. I would probably put up a bit of a fight if a cop did that to me without me asking for it. Get killed for it probably but I'm not a soldier. Bit of a soldier switch. ie survival switch. Although usually the survival switch is turned on by the enemy. The fucking cops the enemy? This is what Gun nuts should be doing with bad guys. Now all the cops are gonna take heat for it. Yeah like if your pro gun . shouldn't you be worried about others making you look bad.

Reply to this post

Response to awoke_in_2003 (Reply #11)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 05:43 AM

34. No, but . . .

. . . acting like an ass shouldn't give a cop a right to assault a person either.

Reply to this post

Response to markpkessinger (Reply #34)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 08:57 AM

41. You nailed it!!

The cop could have easily diffused the situation by explaining why he was late...After all the cops are supposed to "protect & serve" not seek everyone's submission to their power. ABSURD!!!

Reply to this post

Response to markpkessinger (Reply #34)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 12:40 PM

49. Very true. nt

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 01:40 PM

12. K and R nt. thanks for posting

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 01:52 PM

13. I will defend cops when they are provoked. Not this one. Big, brutal pig. We don't need him.

Reply to this post

Response to Buzz Clik (Reply #13)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 09:00 AM

42. It is not just this one cop...

His partner let it happen & ran his mouth the entire time. Plus, this video was leaked from within the department from someone complaining of the "cowboy" attitude with entire command!!

This nation has an epidemic & it is quickly getting out of hand!!

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 02:03 PM

14. Follow up link:

This link tells the complete story, about how the TV station tried to follow up on this video...
Decide for yourself from the story......KGB -TV......ABC news in San Francisco...

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/iteam&id=8976413

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 02:46 PM

15. This is a wonderful demonstration of a phenomenon I have noted in the past...

Back in the days when there were shows like "C.Hi.P.S."

and "Adam 12"

...we had people who joined the force who were decent and intelligent and knew their job was to serve the public.

Now we have shows like "COPS" which have attracted a bunch of thugs to join the force.

Reply to this post

Response to Spitfire of ATJ (Reply #15)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 02:55 PM

16. Just because the TV shows

were sanitized, that doesn't translate to the real life. There has always been corruption and brutality in places of power, and there always will be.

Reply to this post

Response to They_Live (Reply #16)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 03:01 PM

18. True, but the cops used to try to LISTEN....

Now it's beat everyone to a pulp and cuff them, THEN find out what's going on.

Reply to this post

Response to Spitfire of ATJ (Reply #18)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 05:25 PM

27. You must be white...

I say this because a black person who lived in the 60's and 70's would have a far different view of the police.

As They Live mentioned TV sanitized police work. Need proof? The Black Panther Party was a reaction to those "decent and intelligent people" who used to join the force!

Reply to this post

Response to AgainsttheCrown (Reply #27)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 01:07 PM

51. But they responded differently than this thug....

This was a non-emergency call. That's why it took 45 minutes for them to respond.

This is also a class issue.

If this guy were in a business suit in an expensive neighborhood it never would have crossed their mind to use force against the victim. They did this after hearing he was a roommate in an apartment complex. As far as they were concerned, that meant it was clobbering time.

Reply to this post

Response to Spitfire of ATJ (Reply #51)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 11:05 PM

60. Do you know the history of the Black Panther Party!?

Law enforcement didn't just sit and listen patiently to their concerns! It even spurred the NRA to embrace gun control!

Yes...different classes of people get different treatment from cops. But please don't romanticize the past. All the case law that affects law enforcement today is because of an overreach or excessive force in the past.

Drug war and mass incarceration aside...it's better than it used to be. Old-timers still complain about cameras and how they can't knock people around without scrutiny the way they used to.

Reply to this post

Response to AgainsttheCrown (Reply #60)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 11:19 PM

61. Cops have been murdering blacks all along....

Richard Prior talked of the LA Choke Hold where they would say, "Oh shit! He broke!"

My point is there are a LOT more thugs as a direct result of people joining the force because they want to be violent with a badge and they have total contempt for ordinary people.

Some, on the other hand, are CONVINCED that they are driving through a war zone when it's a damn neighborhood. Those are the types to empty their guns, reload, empty it again, reload, empty it again etc. for a car backfiring.

Reply to this post

Response to Spitfire of ATJ (Reply #61)

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 05:09 PM

68. I don't think the war zone mentality pre-exists

But it is developed through assimilation. Look at the Austin Police Department. They have an antagonistic relationship with minority communities because they act like some of them are war zones. In reality Austin is one of the safest cities in the country.

But that culture has existed within the department for years. And when someone joins the department many of them take on that mentality.

When someone signs up to be a police officer, many of them wish to have a positive impact on their community. The contempt for those you police is developed though assimilation...

Cop culture needs to change for the better, but hiring diversity isn't going to fix that. I'm not sure what will...

Reply to this post

Response to AgainsttheCrown (Reply #68)

Wed Feb 13, 2013, 12:16 AM

70. The TV culture shifted to the Right....

There was a time when the hero was the defense counsellor in shows like "Perry Mason", "Matlock", "Ironside" etc. but then it shifted to making heroes of the prosecution with shows like "Law & Order" and it's spinoffs.

You can see the shift on cop shows with "Hill Street Blues".

One of the key parts of fascism is granting the police almost unlimited power to enforce the law.

Just look at the comments on YouTube videos of police beatings. Right Wingers cheer on the cops and claim the victim had it coming.

Reply to this post

Response to Spitfire of ATJ (Reply #18)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 08:10 PM

28. If they can't skillfully deal with verbal

angst from a victim how are they ever going to handle negotiating with violent criminals. Something has gone very wrong in the choosing of police officer candidates or in the training of them (or maybe both).

Reply to this post

Response to JimDandy (Reply #28)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 01:12 PM

52. The cops feel those skills are for wimps....

They only hear the last half of the term "Police Force".

I swear,...since "COPS" I feel like we are seeing all those High School jocks we hated on the wrestling team.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 03:00 PM

17. Listen to the updated ABC link, what is not apparent on the first video are two things.

1. The video was taped by the policeman who hit him down, it is not taken by another party. When I saw the first video, I assumed
someone else, not involved in the incident, filmed this.

2. The video was sent to the TV station anonymously by an inside source from the Vallejo PD.

Granted the victim could have been more "receptive" upon first contact with the police, but it simply does not excuse the lack of professionalism, attitude and manhandling deemed necessary by the policeman. You can't go beating on every civilian because they have an attitude, esp. when they are reeling from a previous altercation or assault. All the cop had to do was use language, fists or force were not called for.

Watch the 2nd link for the full story.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 03:04 PM

19. Somebody needs to...

send this video to Christopher Dorner. He might want to add Vallejo to his target list...

Reply to this post

Response to jjewell (Reply #19)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 12:50 AM

32. That is totally uncalled for.

Reply to this post

Response to blackspade (Reply #32)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 05:54 AM

35. That cop punching and knocking down the citizen who called him for help?

I absolutely agree, totally uncalled for...

Reply to this post

Response to jjewell (Reply #35)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 05:46 PM

54. These two should be locked up.

Not put on some crazy bastards hit list along with their families.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 03:10 PM

20. About 4:47 cop talks about how they're a professional organization....

Right!

Reply to this post

Response to truth2power (Reply #20)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 03:30 PM

22. Professional ...bullies. n/t

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 04:45 PM

24. It's hard to contain the anger I feel

The cop is a thug, flat out, plain and simple. He's got no business wearing a badge or, God help us, carrying a gun. I remember a bumper sticker years ago that said "If you don't like the police, next time you're assaulted, call a hippie."

It was intended as a sarcastic statement by the "law and order" crowd. But, hey, it makes a lot of sense now.

I doubt if the kid will sue -- and I'm pretty sure if he did it wouldn't get anywhere. Power is power, and citizens are punching bags, at least in this jurisdiction.

Reply to this post

Response to RVN VET (Reply #24)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 10:53 AM

46. I remember that sticker!

It was countered by, "If you don't like hippies, the next time you want a joint, call a cop!"

________

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 05:11 PM

26. That guy should have been fired long ago

Is there a steroid problem with cops?

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 09:43 PM

29. "I'm gonna document this...'cause I had to use physical force to maintain order"

That would be funny, if it weren't so sickening. All the time the cop has his knee on the guys chest- after sucker punching him to the ground - the camera is conveniently off the kid...

Reply to this post

Response to FailureToCommunicate (Reply #29)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 12:53 AM

33. I don't think it was on ....

his chest.
That is what the cop 'said' he did.
I suspect it was the kids neck.

on edit
I stand corrected. It was his chest.

Reply to this post

Response to blackspade (Reply #33)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 07:44 AM

37. Macho bullshit from the cop: 'You're Army? Well I'm Marine so take that! Pow!' And then

as the now subdued scared kid is recovering, the cop kept asking him "What was that gurgling noise you were making?" As if the cop didn't know full well what it was! Sickening. Fire the guy AND his partner!

Reply to this post

Response to FailureToCommunicate (Reply #37)

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 05:45 PM

53. Completely agree.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 09:54 PM

30. That Police Officer needs to be out of a job and in prison

Unprovoked entirely and self-serving attitude with a side of hair-trigger violence is nothing to put into the public arena of 'to protect and to serve'

And we put guns into the hands of people like this and wonder why trucks with innocent women delivering newspapers get shot up for no reason?

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 12:38 AM

31. What the hell is wrong with these guys?

You respond to a guy calling you out about being late with punching and choking?

PDs need to clean house. Guys like these two 'gentlemen' should be fired.
They have no business carrying guns or having control over others.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 07:58 AM

38. Need better screning to become a police officer

That cop has an anger problem.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 10:21 AM

44. Both of these assholes are why I don't support the military

"U.S. soldier bro, know who you're talking too." Great, you want a fucking cookie? Do you think your service in the employ of the 1% makes you better or more deserving than others?

And as for the fascist ex-Marine pig, what else needs to be said except that he's a psycho power tripper who should never hold authority or power over anybody.

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 12:29 PM

48. None of this happens in a vacume. The cop was totally unprofessional and there I no excuse here.

I will say however, that the victims attitude is something they get every shift. They are lied to by John Q. Public everyday. They are put in stressful situations every shift. You couple that with a high percentage of recruits who are on power trips, adrenaline junkies, etc and you get this. Departments with strong leadership and accountability do not have much of this shit going on though. Sounds like they need more of that here!

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 07:09 PM

56. Another example of why it's a bad idea to talk to the cops nt

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 11, 2013, 07:19 PM

57. This cop is a Marine?

I question that because I've been around many Marines my son included and I find they have much more self control than what this cop showed. I only have experience with infantry Marines so possibly this officer was a cook.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 12, 2013, 04:52 PM

66. Yay, Cops!

They're the best!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread