HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Obama’s drone policy comb...

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 12:17 AM

Obama’s drone policy combines blind faith in technology with a sense of infallible righteousness

"Obama’s prolific use of drones shows a blind faith in technology, combined w a sense of infallible righteousness"
- Bill Moyers (https://twitter.com/BillMoyers/status/300373588312195072)

9 replies, 1139 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply Obama’s drone policy combines blind faith in technology with a sense of infallible righteousness (Original post)
limpyhobbler Feb 2013 OP
Ian Iam Feb 2013 #1
Dragonfli Feb 2013 #3
blkmusclmachine Feb 2013 #2
Dragonfli Feb 2013 #4
NorthCarolina Feb 2013 #5
Dragonfli Feb 2013 #6
fascisthunter Feb 2013 #7
limpyhobbler Feb 2013 #8
indepat Feb 2013 #9

Response to limpyhobbler (Original post)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 01:27 AM

1. 'Infallible righteousness?'

I should think that term would apply much more appropriately to Messrs. Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Ian Iam (Reply #1)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 08:44 AM

3. It most certainly applies to them as well, I agree

It was very disappointing to find the new boss agrees with that absurd arrogance and has even expanded upon it. In 2008 I had starry eyed dreams of a country of laws and not men. I was quite naive.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 04:10 AM

2. SSDD

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 09:06 AM

4. Careful Limpy, judging by meta these days, unless you do a 180 like most Democrats here.

you will be targeted for additions to your transparency page with the purpose of eventual tombstoning.

There are enough neocons here to pull it off by swarming, tag teaming and even a few dirty tricks.

This is a different site now than when I joined, unitary executive is now the holy grail here, the hypocrisy is not lost on me, I remember being unified against Bush here over the same issues.

It is a conservative anti-ACLU site, but that is the way of things that they change, the good is dying now, but will be reborn again someday perhaps.

Bill Moyers may be a respected man, but will be labeled as a firebagger if necessary to cleanse the site of his views (and ours) on this if he keeps telling the truth and we post it-

best to post approved material until the progressives return, if they ever do.

We likely simply no longer belong here and will only anger the extreme nationalists that decide what should be posted.

Reply to this post

Response to Dragonfli (Reply #4)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 09:28 AM

5. I think if you do a little searching

on Google, you will find indications that Democratic Underground is quite possibly an on-line arm of the DLC and third-way Democrats.

Reply to this post

Response to NorthCarolina (Reply #5)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 10:04 AM

6. Ironicaly, besides organizing against Bush's authoritarianism and corporate fascism

My posts have also tended towards pointing out the DLC third way agenda with the opinion that they were actually stealth Republicans, they push the same Heritage Foundation Ideas that the GOP typically have, are perhaps even more enthusiastic regarding Free trade race to the bottom policies.
Continue to embrace privatization of the commons, and stand arm in arm with the neo-cons regarding continual war and unitary executive powers with no seeming limit.

I did not realize I may be in the lions den, they fooled me pretty well when I joined in '04 and I was perhaps useful for my bush opposition and even my support and GOTV in '08.
Now that they are firmly in power, my views once a help against Bush, are now inconveniently too progressive for a third way agenda.

I thought I was too old to be such a naive fool, I miss the party and the Democrats I joined in '72, that party is nothing more than an anachronism these days as I suppose am I.

Reply to this post

Response to Dragonfli (Reply #6)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 11:57 AM

7. it's a reason I don't bother coming here much anymore

Reply to this post

Response to Dragonfli (Reply #4)

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 04:28 PM

8. nah it'll be alright.

If not, oh well.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 10, 2013, 04:32 PM

9. In the post-WWII, American righteousness seems to have often risen the reichousness

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread