HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » A Republican Whose Nephew...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Feb 6, 2013, 08:59 PM

A Republican Whose Nephew Was Killed In Aurora Explains In 80 Seconds Why We Need Stronger Gun Laws

Related article here: http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/02/06/1538561/dave-hoover-gun-laws/

Transcript of video:

HOOVER: We’ve had so many issues over the years, so many killings, and for us just to say we’re not going to do anything is unacceptable, because we’ve been doing nothing up to this point. We’ve been given the right to own and bear arms, but we also need to show that we are responsible in how we deal with the gun issue. We need a framework to say that we need background checks on every individual that buys a gun. If you are a reasonable and responsible gun owner—as I am, and I’ve grown up hunting, shooting, my daughter, I take her out shooting—she’s been taught that with the right comes responsibility. Nobody wants somebody to purchase a firearm that shouldn’t have a firearm. And that includes sales that happen currently on the Internet, and private sales. It’s just responsible. This is not something about , this is about doing what’s responsible and right for our communities and our country. If anybody can be prevented from getting that phone call that I got at 2:37am from my sister, it’s worth it. You gotta stop this.

2 replies, 968 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply A Republican Whose Nephew Was Killed In Aurora Explains In 80 Seconds Why We Need Stronger Gun Laws (Original post)
Tx4obama Feb 2013 OP
zebonaut Feb 2013 #1
Rhiannon12866 Feb 2013 #2

Response to Tx4obama (Original post)

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 12:14 AM

1. They had to learn the hard way

Of course; had people like this had foresight; proper laws could have been enacted 30 years ago. All this is WAY overdue.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Tx4obama (Original post)

Thu Feb 7, 2013, 01:28 AM

2. K&R! And off to The Greatest Page!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread