HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » CBS Atlanta news reporter...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Feb 2, 2013, 02:21 PM

CBS Atlanta news reporter gets punched in the face

From the Huffington Post:

Jeff Chirico, an investigative reporter for local CBS station WGCL, was looking into a shady businessman when he ran into the man's father. The father, to put it mildly, did not take kindly to Chirico's questions, and responded by first grabbing him (and saying, "it only costs 25 bucks to punch this man in the mouth") and then decking him on the chin. Not to worry, though: Chirico emerged essentially unharmed.

The arsehole clearly doesn't respect the First Amendment, but I'll wager fifty dollars that he worships the Second!

8 replies, 2172 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply CBS Atlanta news reporter gets punched in the face (Original post)
Ian Iam Feb 2013 OP
CurtEastPoint Feb 2013 #1
HEyHEY Feb 2013 #2
JohnnyRingo Feb 2013 #3
azmesa207 Feb 2013 #4
Plucketeer Feb 2013 #5
StoneCarver Feb 2013 #6
HEyHEY Feb 2013 #7
stlsaxman Feb 2013 #8

Response to Ian Iam (Original post)

Sat Feb 2, 2013, 02:28 PM

1. More info

More: Investigative reporter Jeff Chirico took a blow to the chin while investigating a businessman charged with stealing customers' tax refunds.

A CBS Atlanta News undercover investigation found Richard Wilder, 43, of Braselton, operating a new business in Gainesville weeks after he was arrested by the Jackson County Sheriff's Office in September.

Wilder, who used to operate Braselton Used Auto Sales, was charged with seven counts of theft by deception and one count of racketeering for allegedly depositing customers' tax refund checks into an account and keeping the money.

Court records show Wilder was indicted in Gwinnett County for odometer fraud, forgery, computer theft and more in 2009 and 2010. He pleaded to two felony charges in 2011.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/20841466/cbs-atlanta-news-reporter-gets-punched-in-the-face

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Feb 2, 2013, 02:56 PM

2. He did not hold the door for him.

Reporter should have stopped at the door.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 2, 2013, 03:13 PM

3. I'm not sure what it has to do with the 2nd ammendment...

but only an idiot assaults someone with a camera rolling. Clearly, the reporter wasn't doing anything to provoke such a response.

He probably just bought his lawyer a new home entertainment center in time for Superbowl. I don't know how he figures it only costs $25 to assault someone.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 2, 2013, 03:19 PM

4. reporter hit

in the face did not enter the building he simply open the door .

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 2, 2013, 04:42 PM

5. Clearly...

pops is up for assault here. But I do think the reporter had no business laying a hand on that door. It appears like that door is not THE door that customers would enter or leave through. And unless the old guy had INVITED the pup to follow him into the office, he shouldn't have tried to keep the door open.
I'm NOT defending the old fella or his son - I'd bet they're swindlers - tried and true. But law is law.

Reply to this post

Sat Feb 2, 2013, 08:27 PM

6. Stop video 0:25

Clearly the older gentlemen is holding the door at 0:25 into the video. Stop it and watch it. The older gentlemen was itching for a fight -for some reason. The reporter never even crossed the threshold. Looks like assault to me 0:25!

Reply to this post

Response to StoneCarver (Reply #6)

Sat Feb 2, 2013, 08:56 PM

7. Not for one second does he hold the door

Aside from letting himself in. In fact he goes out of his way to open it just enough for himself to get in.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 3, 2013, 07:16 AM

8. reporter grabbed the handle... POW!

guy has no case against the property owner.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread