HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Papantonio: Debt Ceiling ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Jan 31, 2013, 12:41 PM

Papantonio: Debt Ceiling Deal Could Be Disastrous For Social Security

As soon as the fiscal cliff crisis was averted, a new crisis popped up in Washington the battle over raising the debt ceiling. But one important item from these budget battles has been under-reported, and that is the proposed 3% cut to Social Security. Worse yet, Democrats have given the appearance of being willing to go along with the cut for the social safety net program. Mike Papantonio talks about the planned cut with economist and author Dean Baker.

Read The Full Article Here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dean-baker/the-3-percent-cut-to-soci_b_2475569.html

2 replies, 656 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Papantonio: Debt Ceiling Deal Could Be Disastrous For Social Security (Original post)
GoLeft TV Jan 2013 OP
Auntie Bush Jan 2013 #1
bvar22 Jan 2013 #2

Response to GoLeft TV (Original post)

Thu Jan 31, 2013, 02:30 PM

1. I thought SS, Medicare and medicaid were off the table if we go off the cliff?

They better not cut SS one single penny.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to GoLeft TV (Original post)

Thu Jan 31, 2013, 03:37 PM

2. Papantonio:

"I am not optimistic that the Democrats are going to Hold-the-Line like they could. We ARE the Party of Rahm Emanuel."

I share Papantonio's lack of optimism.

You will know them by their WORKS,
not by their rhetoric, promises, or excuses.
Solidarity99!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread