HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Thom Hartmann: Vets, Amer...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 02:16 PM

Thom Hartmann: Vets, America has a DEAL for you...WalMart!

Forget about a good job - that's a career - something like a long-term job manufacturing things, or a job with a pension or a good health insurance plan. Forget about going to college or trade school. Because Wal Mart has a deal for you! You, too, can work at Wal-Mart, where even if you do all your shopping at WalMart, your paycheck still won't cover your cost of living so you’ll qualify for things like Medicaid. Isn't there a big problem with our economy and the way we treat veterans - when the best we can do is offer them a job at Wal-Mart when they come back?

The Big Picture with Thom Hartmann on RT TV & FSTV "live" 9pm and 11pm check www.thomhartmann.com/tv for local listings

3 replies, 819 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Thom Hartmann: Vets, America has a DEAL for you...WalMart! (Original post)
thomhartmann Jan 2013 OP
alp227 Jan 2013 #1
jjewell Jan 2013 #2
Crowman1979 Jan 2013 #3

Response to thomhartmann (Original post)

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 02:56 PM

1. Oh my, I have a new job at a Walmart neighborhood market opening in my area

and ironically during my lunch break was listening to Thom's commentary about Walmart! Here's the version he did for the radio show:

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 01:19 AM

2. Don't worry, Thom...

The factories will be back in America, as soon as the robotics are perfected to the point where human workers are no longer necessary...

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 07:33 AM

3. I'd rather do another Iraq deployment than work at Walwart.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread