HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Stewart Shreds ‘All-White...

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 12:00 AM

Stewart Shreds ‘All-White’ Obama Cabinet Controversy: A Black Guy ‘Appears To Be Running’ The Show

VIDEO here: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/stewart-shreds-%E2%80%98all-white%E2%80%99-obama-cabinet-controversy-a-black-guy-%E2%80%98appears-to-be-running%E2%80%99-the-show/

Jon Stewart took on the controversy surrounding President Obama‘s recent cabinet nominations in a segment he dubbed “Zero Dark Appointees,” and noted that the outrage might be somewhat misplaced because Obama is “somewhat diverse himself.” -snip-

2 replies, 786 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Stewart Shreds ‘All-White’ Obama Cabinet Controversy: A Black Guy ‘Appears To Be Running’ The Show (Original post)
Tx4obama Jan 2013 OP
R. Daneel Olivaw Jan 2013 #1
Tx4obama Jan 2013 #2

Response to Tx4obama (Original post)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 12:17 AM

1. There's no controversy too non-existent that the media will not drum up

for ratings and titillation. I was scratching my head at this the whole time.

"But the president...."

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Tx4obama (Original post)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 12:26 AM

2. Regarding President Obama's second term cabinet

Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and Secretary Janet Napolitano are still in Obama's cabinet and they are not going anywhere.
Secretary of Commerce, Rebecca Blank, is female - and has not resigned as far as I know.
Attorney General Eric Holder is African-American - and will be staying on for the second term.
Secretary Shinseki and Secretary Chu are Asian.
There is probably another one I missed to include above.
President Obama's cabinet in his second term WILL BE diverse just like his first term.
Also, there are a few more cabinet slots that have not yet been announced, so there will most likely be more female appointments.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread