HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Sandy Hook tragedy was a ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 05:27 PM

Sandy Hook tragedy was a hoax?

I saw this on a Facebook page. It's 30 minutes long and full of "facts" that "show" the slaughter of these innocents is a hoax. These include the "fact" that two parents being interviewed two days after the tragedy were smiling and "that just cannot be true." Apparently, the author of this video believes the parents were actually actors from a troupe of actors that specializes in portraying crime victims?

Maybe this doesn't belong here b/c it's a conspiracy theory but I just don't have anywhere else to go with my giant WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?????

(Had to edit b/c I posted wrong video!)

93 replies, 16958 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 93 replies Author Time Post
Reply Sandy Hook tragedy was a hoax? (Original post)
Iris Jan 2013 OP
Agnosticsherbet Jan 2013 #1
catbyte Jan 2013 #2
erpowers Jan 2013 #3
Tx4obama Jan 2013 #9
erpowers Jan 2013 #17
Dokkie Jan 2013 #4
Bucky Jan 2013 #93
blackspade Jan 2013 #5
Dokkie Jan 2013 #6
Iris Jan 2013 #8
Theend2008 Jan 2013 #22
arcane1 Jan 2013 #24
Bjorn Against Jan 2013 #26
NavyDavy Jan 2013 #28
MichiganVote Jan 2013 #29
Shrike47 Jan 2013 #56
deutsey Jan 2013 #59
NoMoreWarNow Jan 2013 #69
Smilo Jan 2013 #7
HawkeyeLibkid Jan 2013 #10
Iris Jan 2013 #12
HawkeyeLibkid Jan 2013 #58
jberryhill Jan 2013 #30
Iris Jan 2013 #70
thucythucy Jan 2013 #80
HawkeyeLibkid Jan 2013 #81
02potato Jan 2013 #11
Iris Jan 2013 #13
Roy Rolling Jan 2013 #14
dotymed Jan 2013 #15
Jack Rabbit Jan 2013 #16
damnedifIknow Jan 2013 #18
Spoopy Jan 2013 #19
HawkeyeLibkid Jan 2013 #20
Iris Jan 2013 #71
HawkeyeLibkid Jan 2013 #74
Iris Jan 2013 #75
HawkeyeLibkid Jan 2013 #77
Iris Jan 2013 #78
Courtesy Flush Jan 2013 #21
Dokkie Jan 2013 #23
Courtesy Flush Jan 2013 #25
Dokkie Jan 2013 #31
HawkeyeLibkid Jan 2013 #32
Dokkie Jan 2013 #34
HawkeyeLibkid Jan 2013 #36
Dokkie Jan 2013 #38
HawkeyeLibkid Jan 2013 #40
Dokkie Jan 2013 #42
HawkeyeLibkid Jan 2013 #45
Dokkie Jan 2013 #46
HawkeyeLibkid Jan 2013 #47
Dokkie Jan 2013 #50
HawkeyeLibkid Jan 2013 #52
HawkeyeLibkid Jan 2013 #54
Dokkie Jan 2013 #55
HawkeyeLibkid Jan 2013 #57
HawkeyeLibkid Jan 2013 #33
Dokkie Jan 2013 #35
HawkeyeLibkid Jan 2013 #37
Dokkie Jan 2013 #39
HawkeyeLibkid Jan 2013 #41
Dokkie Jan 2013 #43
HawkeyeLibkid Jan 2013 #44
Dokkie Jan 2013 #48
HawkeyeLibkid Jan 2013 #49
Dokkie Jan 2013 #51
HawkeyeLibkid Jan 2013 #53
pkdu Jan 2013 #61
HawkeyeLibkid Jan 2013 #62
pkdu Jan 2013 #63
HawkeyeLibkid Jan 2013 #64
cpwm17 Jan 2013 #83
Xipe Totec Jan 2013 #27
Iris Jan 2013 #72
stopbush Jan 2013 #60
NoMoreWarNow Jan 2013 #68
Iris Jan 2013 #73
lolly Jan 2013 #79
Iris Jan 2013 #85
kestrel91316 Jan 2013 #65
REP Jan 2013 #66
Violet_Crumble Jan 2013 #67
celtics23 Jan 2013 #76
02potato Jan 2013 #82
Iris Jan 2013 #84
survivor3306 Jan 2013 #86
Douglas Carpenter Jan 2013 #87
Iris Jan 2013 #88
AverageJoe90 Jan 2013 #89
Iris Jan 2013 #91
CHOCOLATMIMOSA Jan 2013 #90
Iris Jan 2013 #92

Response to Iris (Original post)

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 05:45 PM

1. This is another argument by the 2nd amendment crowd...

If they can't refute it any other way, they will just look you in the eye, lie to you, and say it was a hoax perpetrated to take their guns.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 05:55 PM

2. Despicable.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 06:28 PM

3. Anderson Cooper 360

I missed most of the report, but Anderson Cooper did a story on his show last week (I think on Friday) about a professor who is claiming that the Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax. I think the professor taught at a college in Florida.

Reply to this post

Response to erpowers (Reply #3)

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 10:08 PM

9. A link to the Anderson Cooper segment below

Reply to this post

Response to Tx4obama (Reply #9)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 01:02 PM

17. Thank You

Thanks for the link.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 06:32 PM

4. What I would like to know

is what happened to the 2 people we saw on tape running into the woods? They caught one of em who bystanders said was wearing camouflage. Also the long gun they pulled out of Adam Lanza's trunk, whose gun is it? what kind of gun is it? etc etc.

The best way to squash conspiracy theories is to be as transparent as possible, any attempt to cover up anything whatsoever will breed CT. So I saw the police should grant complete access to the guy wearing camo that they detained, show off all and I mean all the guns Adam Lanza brought to the school and finally release if any all the security camera footage recovered after the incident.

Anything short of that will continue this atmosphere of distrust of authority and the police by a growing number of people.

Reply to this post

Response to Dokkie (Reply #4)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 05:09 AM

93. They're not hiding anything!

Nothing's being hidden here. The guy running in the woods has been explained. The paranoia peddlers are doing anything and everything to distort any incident to gin up mistrust. Don't go down that rabbit hole. No one gains from inventing a shooting like this, and no one has been behind it except for one sick, arrogant man who was seduced by the perverted gun culture.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 06:43 PM

5. What a fucking dipshit.

This is totally ridiculous.

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 07:30 PM

6. I have just finished watching the video

and I am just speechless. But one thing I will say is this, just because someone is not crying when grieving doesn't mean he/she just didn't experience a tragic event. I couldn't cry when my grand father died and in fact I fake cried when everyone in my family started crying and my fake cry was more genuine than the cries of theses alleged actors.

So if they were really trained actors, how come I can do a better job acting than the real actors? Yea, the story is fishy as hell but so is the conspiracy theory about actors and fake families.

Reply to this post

Response to Dokkie (Reply #6)

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 08:43 PM

8. I kind of "skimmed" this video. Did he even have audio of what the parents were talking about?

If they were doing an interview about their child and were asked to describe what kind of little boy or girl he or she was, then I'd expect some smiles. And after 2 days, it's likely they are still in shock.

Sickening video. The person who made it should beaten to a bloody pulp.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 04:57 PM

22. Grieving

I understand that people grieve differently, but how come not one tear was shed? Honestly, I have been wondering about this for some time now. Both family's didn't shed one tear not even a sign of grief. If these parents were actually loving and caring(as reporters said) they would have shown something but if every interview the parents they're laughing... If you had a child or if you do have one ask yourself how would you feel after something like this? Joking and laughing after something like this you should be in a mental institute. That's the only logical explanation I can think of. But I agree somethings not right. To many different stories, changing facts, magical guns that walk by themselves to the trunk of a car.

Reply to this post

Response to Theend2008 (Reply #22)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 05:01 PM

24. You followed these people around 24/7, and they never cried?

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 08:21 PM

26. It is disgusting that you would attack the parents of murdered children

Just because they look happy on camera does not mean they are not crying at home, many people hold their emotions in when they are in public.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 08:29 PM

28. when u lose a child and I have lost a son, you cry you smile at the memories you even laugh you don'

cry 100% of the time sorry you just don't when we were at home alone is when we did most of our crying.....when we were around others or out in public we did not cry, we still felt grief and anguish, but we did not cry......everyone does grieve in their own way...

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 08:36 PM

29. Welcome to the door of DU, watch your backside darling.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 10:56 PM

56. Editing.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 11:11 PM

59. Have ever volunteered with hospice?

I have. People have a wide range of responses when it comes to loss and grief. Often the full emotional impact of the loss won't hit until month's, in some cases even years, later.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 03:30 PM

69. yes, I agree

the acting accusation is way off base

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 14, 2013, 07:54 PM

7. Couldn't bring myself to watch -

it would just make me so angry at these utterly stupid and downright cruel people.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 04:00 AM

10. I know that conspiracy theories aren't allowed, but I watched this trash and got so pissed...

I decided to decipher the whole thing, time stamps included here... Please feel free to copy/paste to your friends. Too many people actually believe this idiot... It shows how weak minded our country has become...

1:07 - 2 Shooters INITIALLY Reported: Of course the police are going to arrest someone running through the woods, after a school shooting.
2:20 - Footage never aired again? I witnessed it a few times, but after the perp was detained and verified he had nothing to do with the shooting, why WOULD you re-air something not sufficient?
3:18 - Douchey guy saying "They want you to believe this guy doesn't exist" - Did you ask authorities? Viewed a police report? Once again, Not sufficient to the case. I mean, you've never been at a bar where a fight broke out, and were questioned after trying to leave? Suspect in the front of the police car? When was he made a suspect? I'm guessing he verified his story to the authorities pretty quickly.
3:49 - Not Original, INITIAL Reports. Get it right!
5:10 - Every OFFICIAL Report I have read states the assault rifle was IN THE CAR
5:30 - Sorry, my awesome hearing can't hear over the volume increase of the music while the ME makes a statement. Please clarify what was said here
5:45 - Now the ME, who hasn't had time to do an autopsy is a detective? Give me a break, he's speaking from what he knows at the time. You fuckers are clueless
6:09 - Frantic Kids a not so easy target? : Yeah, walking into a classroom, with one way in and one way out is so hard to pick off innocent kids that have no idea what is happening. You were there though, so you know best.
6:17 - Pretty easy to hit your target when you're within 5 feet.
6:26 - Yes, I am sick to my stomach. The fact that you'd perpetuate without sufficient evidence that this was a staged event is enough for me, but I'll keep going.
6:41 - You perpetuate without facts YEARS. It was reported that Adam and Ryan did not keep in touch, this does not mean they had not been together. Why would Adam have Ryan's ID? Maybe for Bars? I mean, it's a STRETCH. Then again, you reported it as VALID. Did you run the numbers from the ID itself? Could it possibly be a fake? It really doesn't matter at this point right?
6:53 - What Police Report did you see? The same one you're discrediting earlier? Or the one that you haven't seen. Nancy Lanza was reported to be a teacher at the school, initially. Nobody gets initial reports wrong, while trying to be the first to break the story though. Duh
7:55 - Not an RN huh? Better double check your facts about School Nurses
8:18 - So there was not anyone behind the cameras, from the Press to take a statement, just cameras rolling and he got "caught". Then he "goes into character". You ever lost a loved one traumatically? I was near death a year ago and this is pretty much how my family reacted.
9:36 - So you have a doctorate in Psychology to know exactly how someone is to act after a tragedy? Ahh Yes...
9:46 - Isn't it funny how technology works. Facebook doesn't give you a TIME, and you cannot prove without a doubt this page was created before anything. Just like the rest of your claims at the end. I can be in another state and make a post and it shows I'm still at home. Hmm, Government Cover up!
10:39 - You do know that not EVERY person is on the Internet, RIGHT?
11:11 - Twins would never have the same outfit. Mind you, the nose on the girl sitting on the Presidents lap is much more the size of Emilie's sisters nose, but hey, she got a nose job done to help with the cover up!
11:41- Gene Rosen - Seems a little OFF to me. But hey, he's just putting it all out there as an act correct? Funny considering you wonder why he didn't ask the bus driver, yet the driver TOOK OFF. Yeah, he needed to leave the kids and chase this bus down, STAT!
11:56 - So you've got the exact address where Gene lives. If you do, why did you not provide it as evidence that these kids were taken past the Firehouse... I mean, you've got the evidence RIGHT?
12:35 - You have no idea if he did or did not call the Police. Wouldn't it be funny if he actually DID call the Police, and was told that something terrible had happened, to keep the kids inside and they would be there in due time? WOW, Shocking "Spin" on my end HUH!
12:52 - Most young children refer to all teachers at their grade level as "Our Teacher". My 6 year old daughter does it daily when I pick her up from school, although she has 1 teacher, the other 3 Kindergarten teachers are "her teachers". Must be another Government Conspiracy HUH!
13:26 - The casualty list was released to the PUBLIC. Don't you think those that were involved would be able to view it, you know, like someone holding six children? IMPOSSIBLE!
13:47 - They played with stuffed animals for a half hour before they talked about what happened? Refer to your own footage at 12:32 where Gene says "Over the next 30 minutes they just described what happened"- Shocking HUH!
14:29 - Once again, you have no evidence that Gene did or DID NOT call the Police.
14:41 - Of course, you cannot hear what the Mother is talking about. I wonder why Anderson Cooper would be smiling as well, maybe because they were REFLECTING UPON THE GREAT TIMES IN LIFE? NOOOOOOO, Cry for days!
15:38 - Please, proceed with your "Findings" If they are anything like the rest of the BS, they'll be like the Titanic after the Iceberg
16:02 - No Tears, spare me! You can't see shit on these clips!
16:42 - Sure looks like someone in distress, but I can't see TEARS! FAKE! Come on...
17:38 - Refer to 5:45
18:15 - Considering he more than likely spent years going to school and training for his job, I'd call him qualified. I'm sure your creds are much better.
18:30 - Doesn't appear to me that he thinks anything is funny. I didn't see him laugh, all I saw was some clips cut up and slammed together. Try again.
18:38 - Ok, Lets see the great shots!
18:43 - A static image from Google Earth - WOW, I guess you conveniently forget in your narration that you won't see kids on this shot, please proceed...
19:00 - Out of the 600 Students and Faculty, we did not see ANY of them... those are your words not mine. So these are actors? I mean, right after a massive school shooting, most press shows up before the massacre is finished correct?
19:12 - Only picture you will see of children leaving the parking lot- Once again, you're assuming that press was on the scene during the event. I'll follow up more in a minute
19:40 - As you can see there are no children here - Correct, why would children be wandering around in the chaos an hour or more after? Curious, fill me in.
19:42 - No Teachers, No Parents, No EMS - But they are people walking around on a movie set, because from the very grainy footage, you can clearly depict that none of these people are in fact Teachers, EMS, Police, Students Etc.
19:52 - My 6 year old has no idea what gun shots sound like. So this kid is in on it too right? Or 100 rounds were NOT fired, and nobody died, which is it? I'd say that kicking in of a door would be about right, and of course the child doesn't talk about how long the sounds went on, but you ASSUME he is clueless.
20:36 - Check out this "Scene" - No, the crime scene is inside, try again.
20:50 - Everything is nice and neat, no parents, no children - Once again, you've got some pretty good vision to see no parents. Again you have no clue who the parents are, so if they passed you on the street you wouldn't know them from a homeless man. Same with EMS, but they aren't there.
21:20 - They were on Lockdown - Yeah, they were, quite a while before the Chopper showed up. You project that the news helicopter was on scene while the event was taking place, which it definitely was NOT! Nice Try
21:27 - Not bringing anyone to the hospital - Why would they take dead bodies to the hospital? Just curious...
21:32 - I guess you missed the memo that no bodies would be removed until the next day when all evidence had been gathered... Why bus in ambulances for no reason? Hmmm
21:50 - Why is this guy walking nice and slow, whens this gonna start - Well, he's walking slow because you've got the footage slowed down 50%, remember? Meanwhile, I do see a few people that appear to be civilian talking to Officers. Must be set directors?
22:00 - No, more than one ambulance, of course, because all you have is bits and pieces of footage, you'll run with the one Ambulance...
22:12 - What are we setting up tents for? Oh, remember the ME talking about a Tent earlier?
22:30 - Nowhere near the School Entrance - No shit, he was just asked about what was going on at the FIREHOUSE... Then a stretcher with someone on it is wheeled by. Mind you, we don't know if someone is or isn't on it, but one person pushing a stretcher uphill...
22:50 - You've got all of this other evidence that is mind blowing, why not show us the rest of the "Crime Scene" evidence that you have?
23:01 - 25:25 - There is no evidence that this had anything to do with anything. I can link you to many other coincidental things between the shootings too...
25:28 - Ever happen to look and see what other crisis drills were planned that day? Of course, you're on a State website, maybe they were in on it too! Probably not... because this fits the narrative
27:23 - FEMA Crisis Training was on the SAME Road as Sandy Hook... Please refer to your own map connecting the two at 27:12. All roads are the same under your terms.
27:30 - Our local FD and Police train with Homeland Security quite often. Guess we're next?
27:30 - Again, what does the 10 year "Beautification Project" have to do with the Shooting? Please correlate the two.
27:57 - Victoria Soto Page - So she Didn't die? Want me to let you in on a secret, if the page was created on the 10th and Shooting on the 14th, then why are the comments talking about a death? Of course, nobody would create another fake Facebook Page, using different time stamps would they?
28:22 - No, you didn't show us when the page was created, again, please show us the date the page was Published, not hard to find, but easy to forget when the evidence has been tampered.
28:33 - And it was created by someone in CALIFORNIA! WOW!
28:48 - HERE WE GO, the GRANDE FINALE... You've watched a half hour of bullshit, now we're really gonna lay it on ya!

I'm sickened by this video, and decided to put my anger to good use. Please distribute, as this atrocity is being spread like wildfire.

Reply to this post

Response to HawkeyeLibkid (Reply #10)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 08:54 AM

12. I love you!

Thanks so much for doing this. I'm sorry I made you live at least 30 minutes of Hell but I will definitely distribute this.

Reply to this post

Response to Iris (Reply #12)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 11:07 PM

58. You're welcome

It's the least I can do. Be careful though, Dokkie says I'm not credible because of my short period of time on here. I could be conveying a vast NWO Conspiracy.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 08:44 PM

30. Wow

What a productive use of anger.

Reply to this post

Response to jberryhill (Reply #30)

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 07:31 PM

70. I know! I love it!

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 12:02 AM

80. Amazing work!

You are to be commended for your dedication, your thoughtful good use of anger, and the fact that you had the stamina and stomach to watch this crap.

I know I couldn't have done this.

We all owe you. Thanks.

Reply to this post

Response to thucythucy (Reply #80)

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 01:14 AM

81. All that I ask

is that you redistribute it to the crazies...

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 07:32 AM

11. of what I saw

I've seen web sites of the "CRAZIES" before and dismiss most of what I saw

however,

"It is not the task of propaganda to discover intellectual truths."

Speech by Joseph Goebbels on 9 January 1928 to an audience of party members at the "Hochschule für Politik", a series of training talks for Nazi party members in Berlin

"The bigger the lie, the more it will be believed."
Adolf Hitler's "Mein Kampf"

Reply to this post

Response to 02potato (Reply #11)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 08:56 AM

13. Apparently it wasn't this guy's task to discover intellecutal truths either.

See the post just above yours for all the "evidence" he couldn't possibly have collected first-hand.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 12:04 PM

14. Soundtrack

Why is Guns and Roses "Estranged" used as the soundtrack of this piece of shit? Besides the irony of "Guns and Roses" I'm sure there is a copyright infringement issue here.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 12:25 PM

15. Many freaks have made

a cottage industry out of Holocaust denial...

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 12:53 PM

16. You can fool some of the people all of the time

. . . because there are some people who have never heard a CT that they couldn't believe.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 02:22 PM

18. Yep

My wife saw this on FB and told me about it. What a load of crap. She said people were actually posting this and actually believe it. She had one guy actually send her a pvt. message and told her to watch this. Stupid asses I swear.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 03:12 PM

19. As a conspiracy nut myself

I have been following the alternative story and what was odd(er) about this version is the bit where there is audio of someone seeing "two suspects behind the gym." In previous ones I heard the same voice say there were "two shadows behind the gym." Might someone have been doctoring the tape?

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 03:13 PM

20. I know that piece of trash Alex Jones is behind a lot of this

Which would explain a lot. As a matter of fact, if someone can find the origin of this let me know. I'd love to see how trashy the person is that made this.

It took me at least an hour, if not more to do the breakdown. Well worth the time. Today, on my Facebook timeline, I've seen the video shared at least 10 times. Everyone saying "Oh wow, look",
"Can you believe this" "Look what your government is capable of"

Reply to this post

Response to HawkeyeLibkid (Reply #20)

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 07:32 PM

71. Did you post your reply in any of those? Did it do any good?

Reply to this post

Response to Iris (Reply #71)

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 08:37 PM

74. No, because

99.9% of them have trouble digesting normal everyday discussion. They'd overload after the first sentence and run around with their hair on fire screaming DON'T TAKE MY GUNS.

Just a few minutes ago, a friend shared a photo of a Missouri law, which I think is proposed, that would make it a Class D Felony for any officer to enforce Federal laws pertaining to guns. So I asked him if he didn't mind a bunch of known Felons running around with guns. His response was a classic one, that a four year old would say... "They already have a law about felons having guns they can't have them"....

See my point....

Reply to this post

Response to HawkeyeLibkid (Reply #74)

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 09:17 PM

75. Yes, and it was the same thing I thought when I saw this video in the first place.

It's really hard for me to believe that people are so isolated in their own minds that they can buy into this stuff. But, the video came from someone I know who lives in a very rural area and I try to remind myself that when you are that isolated, it might not be too hard to get caught up in this sort of thing.

Reply to this post

Response to Iris (Reply #75)

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 09:23 PM

77. I've become alarmingly concerned

That we aren't in trouble because we spend to much, tax to little, fight too many wars, but the fact that so much of our population is under-educated. They are taught what to think, not how to think.

Reply to this post

Response to HawkeyeLibkid (Reply #77)

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 09:48 PM

78. I totally agree. In some ways, I think the internet has created a new Dark Age.

Anyone can find something that will confirm their "beliefs." No one is interested in thinking and drawing conclusions based on collecting evidence or maybe even simply reality.

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 04:50 PM

21. Says he's not denying the shooting, then denies the shooting.

Here's my reply to a RW friend on Facebook who posted this video.

I find it interesting that the film starts by claiming that they aren't saying that the Sandy Hook shootings never happened, but went on to claim that the Sandy Hook shootings never happened.

It's also interesting that the presenter seems to think that the initial media reports were the absolute truth, and that they later lied about everything. Does anybody really think the media gets all the facts straight in the middle of a crisis? Doesn't anybody remember on 9/11 the media reported terrorist attacks all across the country, and many times mentioned attacks on Camp David? The media is horribly inaccurate in a crisis. There were widespread reports of Gabby Giffords being killed the day of her shooting.

There was far too much manipulation in this video. Sorry. There was aerial footage that was obviously shown in slow motion while the narrator made comments about how slowly people were moving. He also could have taken any footage from later in the day and made claims that there was not enough panic or ambulances for his taste. Guess what? Ambulances don't stick around all day. They get away from the scene, and to the hospital, as quickly as possible. Meanwhile, the emergency crews, police, and witnesses stay on the scene for hours. And, of course, the media helicopters film it all day long.

I was bothered by the reactions of the parents, but not particularly surprised. For reasons I'll never understand, parents of murder victims frequently grant interviews immediately after their child is killed. As inappropriate as it is, it happens all the time. And no, they don't always act the way you'd expect them to. Everything about the Emilie Parker issue stinks, but people stink sometimes.

I will agree that this shooting is being politicized by both sides, but this guy wants you to believe that A. it never happened in the first place, or B. children were killed in an attempt to manipulate the public. Sure, either one of those could really happen, but this shaky evidence proves neither.

Reply to this post

Response to Courtesy Flush (Reply #21)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 04:59 PM

23. I actually do not think

any of the many youtube videos mashed up together to create this video ever made the claim that the shootings did NOT happen. Its just that it may not have happened the way the news media and CT state police is reporting it.

Also I would like to know how your RW friend explains the fact that FEMA and CT emergency services dept were planning on conducting a preparedness drill that involved children and active shooter on the same day of the incident. because that my friend is one convenient coincidence

Reply to this post

Response to Dokkie (Reply #23)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 08:16 PM

25. You seriously think they'd publicize that?

Do you really think that FEMA not only participated in this shooting, but didn't bother to cover their tracks, and publicly announced a drill that would actually turn into a shooting?

Seriously?

So would you also say that the California school shooting was orchestrated to occur while Biden met with the NRA?

And the video DID imply there was no shooting. They repeatedly stated that there were no pictures of blood or victims, and that Emilie Parker was alive after she was reported dead, and that her father (and other parents) clearly had not suffered the loss of their child, and that witnesses were actors. You really think that's not denying it happened?

Reply to this post

Response to Courtesy Flush (Reply #25)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 08:56 PM

31. You tell me?

loo
Dec 14, 2012
FEMA L-366 Planning for the Needs of Children in Disasters

The goal of the course is to enable participants to improve their community’s mitigation and emergency operations plan specifically regarding the needs of children. The course will provide them with the information needed to address the unique needs of children prior to, during and following disasters. It will also provide them guidance and direction on how to form coalitions and how to become advocates for the unique needs of children in all aspects of emergency management.

After completing this course, participants will be able to:
• Articulate the importance of providing for the needs of children in disasters in your community’s current emergency management plan.

• Explain what is required to keep children safe in emergencies and why those needs are unique.

• Explain the assumptions, concept of operations, organization and assignment of responsibilities that address the unique needs of children prior to, during and following disasters.

• Explain the planning components necessary to address the unique needs of children prior to, during and following disasters
• Incorporate the unique needs of children in disasters into Emergency Operations Plans

• Identify stakeholders and organizations that can assist in preparing for the needs of children in disasters.

• Initiate steps to form coalitions and build teams that have a stake in keeping children safe in disastersk at it yourself and see the description of the drill

http://www.ct.gov/demhs/ical/eventDetail_page.asp?date_ID=CAC9C6C9CD83CDC9C7

Unless you think the above link was made by conspiracy theorist to implicate the govt. The theory is that FEMA schedules an emergency drill the same time as the shooting so they can rush to the scene before the local emergency team and secure the school. I am not saying you should believe it but publicizing the drill gives em an excuse to be there when the whole shooting does down

Reply to this post

Response to Dokkie (Reply #31)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 09:10 PM

32. The link, is real

The fact that they staged it so that they could "rush to the scene" is about as ludacris as it comes. How many other courses were offered that day across the country?

I think the shooting itself gives enough of a reason for FEMA to show up, regardless of what you think.

Also, this is not an emergency drill. Again, don't take my prior experience in working with FEMA as anything, but these are not "drills". They are more of a class setting.

Reply to this post

Response to HawkeyeLibkid (Reply #32)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 09:21 PM

34. And you might be right

Maybe there are scores of these classes done everyday in cities all across the US but you have admit that this follows the pattern of the terrorist attacks conspiracy theorist claim to be false flag. 7/7 London Bombing, 911 and now this. All were carried out at the same time govt dept were conducting emergency drills in the same or FEMA were about to conduct an emergency drill the next day (911).

You may think not anything off it but to someone who already distrusts the govt and believes Obama wants to take away their guns, this is all it takes.

Reply to this post

Response to Dokkie (Reply #34)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 09:25 PM

36. I totally agree...

But I bet all of these locations had a McDonalds... I could sit here and connect all of these locations with a hundred things. They distrust the Government but then trust them as a source of info.

Reply to this post

Response to HawkeyeLibkid (Reply #36)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 09:36 PM

38. 1st of all

McDonald restaurants are no where as common as FEMA/DHS emergency drills and yes you can distrust an institution but still trust some of the information that they disseminate. Take for an example, the US govt both dem and rep distrust the Iranian claim that they are not pursuing a nuclear weapons program but still believe it when it says that they want to wipe Israel off the face of the earth.

Reply to this post

Response to Dokkie (Reply #38)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 09:45 PM

40. Really... come on

McDonalds are MUCH more common than a FEMA/DHS Meeting. Why do you keep referring to this as a drill?

Iranian claim that they are not pursuing a nuclear weapons program but still believe it when it says that they want to wipe Israel off the face of the earth.

So they don't believe the Iranians are not pursuing a nuke, but then believe they are when they talk about hitting Israel...

Dude, you're saying the same thing here. If you don't believe that they don't want a nuke, but believe they want to use one...

Reply to this post

Response to HawkeyeLibkid (Reply #40)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 09:59 PM

42. I am still trying to figure out if you are fucking with me

or you really want to hear my answers to your question. McDonalds are way more common than FEMA/DHS meeting and that is why someone would make a connection with it and a tragic event and say not McDonald.

The part about believe some people some of time and not believing then at other times happens all the time. Take for example republicans, we do not trust them on a lot of thing they say but on the other hand quote them, read their platforms when we think they are telling the truth. The point is that, this is not an unusual behaviour.

Reply to this post

Response to Dokkie (Reply #42)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 10:09 PM

45. We quote them

To prove the distrust, not to praise them.

I'm not even close to fucking with you, I'm just using your own words.

Reply to this post

Response to HawkeyeLibkid (Reply #45)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 10:16 PM

46. Not all the time

Some times we quote them to show what they really plan to do with say SS and Medicare.

Reply to this post

Response to Dokkie (Reply #46)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 10:18 PM

47. Three stars!

To prove distrust, exactly my point. Great job at pointing out the obvious.

Reply to this post

Response to HawkeyeLibkid (Reply #47)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 10:23 PM

50. How long have you been on this site?

cos I am now know you are fucking with me. How is it that you still cannot understand that even though republicans are very dishonest, it is sometimes useful to look at what they say to see what they plan on doing?

Reply to this post

Response to Dokkie (Reply #50)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 10:26 PM

52. Again

In english please.

I completely understand Republicans are dishonest. I never said they WERE honest. What they plan on doing most of the time CONTRADICTS previous statements. This isn't rocket science bud.

Reply to this post

Response to Dokkie (Reply #50)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 10:29 PM

54. Furthermore

How long I have been on this site has no relevance to my statements. Do you wish to whine anymore?

Reply to this post

Response to HawkeyeLibkid (Reply #54)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 10:43 PM

55. I say this because if you had been around

more than a few weeks you would have seen several examples of this. So on this matter, it does matter how long you have been on this site.

Now lets look at this real world example, Mitch McConnell comes around and tell the press that he wants to use a balanced approach to reduce the budget when in reality all he wants to do is cut taxes for the rich and cut Medicare and SS. On the other hand, when he says that he wants to cut funding for planned parenthood we take him at his word immediately.

This is not rocket science, everyone around here seem to know this except you. I have no problem with newbies and I don't in any way believe you arguments are any less valid because you have 50 pots but in this case your inexperience is driving me nuts.

Reply to this post

Response to Dokkie (Reply #55)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 11:06 PM

57. Ok

So does he want to cut the funding or not?

No, it's not rocket science but thanks for the info. I'm sorry my DU Resume isn't quite as large as you'd like, but my experience within state level politics vastly outweighs that.

If you care to continue to debate me, go for it. I'm simply using what you say against you.

Does he want a balanced approach?
We know Republicans look at "balanced" differently than we do. No, we don't parrot this because we know exactly what they mean.
Slash Funding for PP?
Yes, they do want to. They are on record many times. There is nothing to debate here, no way to mis-interpret, mis-read or anything. Mitch wants to slash funding.

Reply to this post

Response to Dokkie (Reply #23)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 09:16 PM

33. Active Shooter?

The goal of the course is to enable participants to improve their community’s mitigation and emergency operations plan specifically regarding the needs of children. The course will provide them with the information needed to address the unique needs of children prior to, during and following disasters. It will also provide them guidance and direction on how to form coalitions and how to become advocates for the unique needs of children in all aspects of emergency management.

After completing this course, participants will be able to:
• Articulate the importance of providing for the needs of children in disasters in your community’s current emergency management plan.

• Explain what is required to keep children safe in emergencies and why those needs are unique.

• Explain the assumptions, concept of operations, organization and assignment of responsibilities that address the unique needs of children prior to, during and following disasters.

• Explain the planning components necessary to address the unique needs of children prior to, during and following disasters
• Incorporate the unique needs of children in disasters into Emergency Operations Plans

• Identify stakeholders and organizations that can assist in preparing for the needs of children in disasters.

• Initiate steps to form coalitions and build teams that have a stake in keeping children safe in disasters

The target audience for this course is local and state emergency managers and planners, Child Services Agencies, NGO’s, Child Care Providers, Schools, and Faith-based Organizations.

1. As of October 1, 2012 anyone applying for FEMA courses must obtain a FEMA Student Identification (SID) number. For more information and to obtain a SID go to: https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid/

You will need this number to complete the course application form (119-25-1) that will be filled out at the beginning of the class. FEMA certificates will be mailed to participants after completion of this course.

2.Class size is limited to 30. Please sign up as soon as possible to guarantee a spot in the class of your choice.

3. There are no prerequisites for this class.

4. There is no cost for the class and lunch is on your own.

So, where do you get that there are children involved along with an active shooter? Not seeing it here. Would you please point it out...

Reply to this post

Response to HawkeyeLibkid (Reply #33)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 09:23 PM

35. And you will be right

It was just an emergency drill. I dont know why I included the active shooter in my post. Thanks for the correction.

Reply to this post

Response to Dokkie (Reply #35)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 09:26 PM

37. What part of this was a "drill"

Please explain

Reply to this post

Response to HawkeyeLibkid (Reply #37)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 09:44 PM

39. Ok, lets call it an excercise

My point is that just like most 1st responder training, it involves more than sitting at a desk and reading information. They usually have a set with potential scenarios, you know what? just think of it like a fire fighter class, the kind you see in the news every time your local firefighter is learning some new skill.

Reply to this post

Response to Dokkie (Reply #39)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 09:47 PM

41. So you've participated in training?

You're assuming that there is a drill, exercise or what not. Clearly there isn't, and there is an emphasis on how to handle the situations.

Don't take my experience at more than face value though, please. This isn't about learning a new skill, learning how to put a coat on a kid.

Reply to this post

Response to HawkeyeLibkid (Reply #41)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 10:01 PM

43. Ok, it is just a class room training

It still gives the FEMA/DHS people a reason to be in the vicinity of the tragedy. It is not particularly important what they are there for

Reply to this post

Response to Dokkie (Reply #43)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 10:08 PM

44. Ok... so...

There were only 30 people allowed in the class. There must have been what, 1 or 2 instructors?
Why isn't it important what they are there for? Apparently it doesn't matter, they were just there for the shooting??

Reply to this post

Response to HawkeyeLibkid (Reply #44)

Response to Dokkie (Reply #48)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 10:23 PM

49. It's a coincidence too

that each of these towns have a McDonalds. All of them have a school as well. All of them have a gas station. Any town with these things in them could be next. I get it.

So these 1 or 2 instructors were placed in this "scenario" why? To respond to the shooting? If that's the case, then where is the evidence that shows they responded, names, how many etc.

Reply to this post

Response to HawkeyeLibkid (Reply #49)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 10:24 PM

51. Thanks for playing

I am done with this

Reply to this post

Response to Dokkie (Reply #51)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 10:27 PM

53. Playing what?

Conspiracy Theory Tuesday?

Reply to this post

Response to HawkeyeLibkid (Reply #53)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 11:14 PM

61. You nailed it....welcome to DU...please stick round. That said ...

Not all of those one might suspect as being disrupters are , and many that are lurk in our midst very day.

Reply to this post

Response to pkdu (Reply #61)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 11:40 PM

62. No problem

I'm under qualified to be on the board or have a voice I guess

I'll gladly stick around. I tend to do more reading than posting.

Reply to this post

Response to HawkeyeLibkid (Reply #62)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 11:48 PM

63. Not under qualified at all....many have been here far longer or more post counts are less

"Qualified"

Reply to this post

Response to pkdu (Reply #63)

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 11:51 PM

64. I tend

to try to use logic instead of rhetoric. It's not difficult to do proper investigation of something. Most people play telephone with what they hear. Of course, Dokkie has some inside intel that nobody has released outside of the NWO.

Reply to this post

Response to Dokkie (Reply #51)

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 05:50 PM

83. Posting Privileges Revoked

Good-by forever

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 08:25 PM

27. I've heard from a reliable source that we're all actually living in a giant simulation

The world is actually a complex computer simulation called the Matrix. Created by a malevolent Artificial President, the Matrix hides the truth from true Amuricans, allowing them to live a convincing, simulated life in 1999 while libruls grow and harvest Amuricans to use as an ongoing energy source.

Reply to this post

Response to Xipe Totec (Reply #27)

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 07:34 PM

72. I heard the same thing!

So, it MUST be true!

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 15, 2013, 11:14 PM

60. There's no space between thinking that Sandy Hook was a government

hoax or false flag and the thinking of the Truthers and the JFK CTists.

It's the same distrust of government recycled.

Reply to this post

Response to stopbush (Reply #60)

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 03:29 PM

68. bullshit

there is oodles and oodles of evidence about the JFK ass'n that show the official story just isn't true.

same for 9/11.

I'm not saying Sandy Hook was a conspiracy by any means, but the fact is that there are too many examples of govt lies to accept every tragedy like this at face value.

Reply to this post

Response to NoMoreWarNow (Reply #68)

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 07:35 PM

73. Plus there's a difference between covering up info about a world leader

and creating a giant hoax involving faking the deaths of 20 children.

Reply to this post

Response to stopbush (Reply #60)

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 09:58 PM

79. I would suggest there are 2 different roots behind the CTs

There are the general distrust of government CTs

and there are the CTs generated to prop up an inherently illogical ideology.

If something happens that challenges or even disproves an ideology that someone NEEDS to believe, then that person resorts to a conspiracy theory that the event never really happened in order to protect himself from that challenge.

Sort of like fervid anti-choicers insisting that "legitimate" rape can't cause pregnancy. The ugly truth of this possibility challenges their beliefs about good v. bad women, so they deny the possibility.

Reply to this post

Response to lolly (Reply #79)

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 10:39 PM

85. You are right. And this seems like the latter.

Because they think they stand to lose so much.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 01:43 AM

65. I am of the firm opinion that ANYONE who thinks this shooting was

anything other than WHAT IT WAS REPORTED TO BE is clinically insane and needs to be locked up for their own and society's safety. And that includes anybody even speculating about conspiracies in the case.

What a bunch of maroons. The kid went ballistic because of ALL HIS PROBLEMS and took mom's guns, killed her, then killed the people at the school before killing himself.

Not just sometimes, but 99.99999% of the times, a cigar is just a cigar. People need to stop living the Hollywood spy thriller inside their heads and get a grip on reality.

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 02:46 PM

67. Kicking for everyone who enjoys laughing at those nutty RW weirdos n/t

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 16, 2013, 09:20 PM

76. debunked here

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 09:42 AM

82. A conclusion (if you care to read it)

The Sandy Hook did in fact occur, and in my past experience closely with various 3 letter gov. agencies. (FAA, IRS, DHS, TSA, FDA)

and various media sources. (print, radio, last and least television news)

The media are too dim to create a conspiracy. ( maybe in the past, but today their interest are purely mercantile )

The government, any government, all government worker(s) have one thing in common.

"Do your job until it's time to go home." (don't do a excellent or a poor one)

In other words;

In forming a conspiracy:

The government lacks the sophistication.

and

The press are too stupid !

(just an opinion , nothing more...)

Reply to this post

Response to 02potato (Reply #82)

Thu Jan 17, 2013, 09:35 PM

84. Nicely done!

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 01:08 AM

87. when the Presidential and Vice Presidential nominees of one of two major parties are shocked almost

to the point of disbelief along with almost all their supporters and all their senior advisers when they lost - in spite of the fact that every single non-partisan political science statistician in the world, every single prediction market in the world and even every credible bookie in the world were all predicting that they were most likely going to lose - we are dealing with a culture of unreality and unwillingness to accept reality. The rejection of reason and the embrace of craziness has deep roots in society. but it is becoming all too common place and appears to be not only increasing but reaching unprecedented levels.

Reply to this post

Response to Douglas Carpenter (Reply #87)

Sat Jan 19, 2013, 04:46 AM

88. That's a good point.

They simply can't accept reality

Reply to this post

Mon Jan 21, 2013, 01:05 PM

89. Two words. FUCK. NO.

Sorry, Iris. I'm not mad at you or anything, just so you know. But the stupidity of the far-right just BURNS sometimes, it really does.

Reply to this post

Response to AverageJoe90 (Reply #89)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 04:02 AM

91. I'm glad I'm not the only one

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 22, 2013, 10:26 PM

90. My family is in Sandy Hook and lost a friend in the shooting - it's real.

Cenk is right these people need serious therapy.

Reply to this post

Response to CHOCOLATMIMOSA (Reply #90)

Wed Jan 23, 2013, 04:04 AM

92. I'm so sorry for your loss.

This is exactly why this sort of thing needs to be called out.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread